Mint Squeezebox touch with Bolder digital mods and linear power supply $SOLD

ajayrav

Hello folks,

I had put this up for sale a while before and decided to keep it instead....  It is time to say goodbye to this awesome digital source....

This Bolder modded Squeezebox Touch in pristine condition and comes with the digital mods and a Bolder manufactured standard power supply. The PSU enclosure is a custom grey, rather than the standard black.  Also included is the Nitro power cable to hook up the power supply to the Touch. 

The digital mod consists of removing the internal surface mount voltage regulator and installing a custom regulator physically next to the chip that controls the clock and the digital output. This give a very steady, dedicated voltage to the clock and the output circuit, lowering the noise floor and jitter. Additional de-coupling capacitors are added to critical elements in the digital signal path. The end result is an extended low end and less harshness on the high end.

The standard power supply uses a LARGE E-core power transformer. There is a total of over 60,000 uF of Nichicon Muse filter and reservoir capacitors used. Sonicap Gen2 and BlackGates are also involved. A discrete, full wave bridge is used to rectify the AC current. The power supply is fully regulated.

The original box and remote for the Touch is included, as is the original wall-wart power supply.  Please be aware that you will need a decent DAC to avail of the digital mods.... using the analog outs obviates Wayne's superior modding skills. Also, the SoundCheckk modification has been added to improve the sound, though the USB out has NOT been activated nor the screen disabled.  You may choose to do so and use a USB DAC if you so desire.

Why am I selling?  Because I am currently using a Modwright modded Oppo BDP-105, which is better... but nearly 4 times the price of the modded unit!

US shipping only and buyer pays shipping.  I accept PayPal and will absorb the fee.

Thanks,
Ajay

« Last Edit: 28 Aug 2014, 04:20 am by ajayrav »