Bluray Audio?

Sam-fi

Bluray Audio?
« on: 15 Feb 2011, 09:11 pm »
 Sorry to :deadhorse:
But will we ever see the adoption of Bluray audio? I ask this because I have been looking at universal players recently and am wondering if it will be worth it to buy into bluray for stereo purposes? Or should I just buy a used cd/sacd player right now and be done with it?

Thanks,
Sam

wushuliu

Re: Bluray Audio?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2011, 08:34 am »
Not while Ipod/phones are around. When all the boutique audio brands started releasing products that catered to the I-market, it was clear where the wind was blowing. Sad.

2gumby2

« Reply #2 on: 16 Feb 2011, 11:30 am »
The 2L label is issuing music in the Blu-Ray format.

Sam-fi

« Reply #3 on: 16 Feb 2011, 05:04 pm »
So don't hold my breath. That's disappointing. It seems they could package it with a digital download like many vinyl releases do.

I mean seriously, there is money to be made here.

Sam :?

Napalm

« Reply #4 on: 17 Feb 2011, 02:56 am »
Mhh I don't think people would want another disc-based format.

Regular .wav files distributed on DVD/Blu-ray discs maybe yes, but a new proprietary format no. See what happened to DVD Audio and SACD.

Nap.

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 17 Feb 2011, 03:00 am »
There are a few things released.  I believe Naxos has a few discs out.  Have not gotten anything audio only yet.

Napalm

« Reply #6 on: 17 Feb 2011, 03:04 am »
OTOH check the Europeans, the are doing Blu-Ray (video) discs with classical/opera music recorded in live performances, they usually come with LPCM tracks at 24/96, with the right software you can extract them as .wav files.