AudioKinesis "Jazz Modules" user reviews?

cryoparts

Re: AudioKinesis "Jazz Modules" user reviews?
« Reply #40 on: 12 Jun 2008, 07:16 pm »
I'd be proud to own a pair :thumb:

Jeff

Me too!   I want these! :drool:

Lee

hchilcoat

« Reply #41 on: 12 Jun 2008, 07:32 pm »
How big is your room? And x2 on the photos.

My room is only 12x14 feet. I have Real Traps in the room and am playing with moving side reflection panels to the wall behind speakers, as Duke claims that side reflections are not so much of an issue when you toe the speakers in 45 degrees as he recommends. So far that seems to be the case.

I'll post photos ASAP, hopefully before I head out of town Saturday for a week (it will hurt to be away from my new babies!).

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #42 on: 23 Sep 2008, 05:33 pm »
Just curious, hchilcoat, how the Jazz Modules are working out.

thanks, Russell

hchilcoat

« Reply #43 on: 5 Oct 2008, 11:04 pm »
Just curious, hchilcoat, how the Jazz Modules are working out.

thanks, Russell

Sorry, Russell, just saw your message. I am really enjoying the Jazz Modules. It took a little bit of playing around with positioning and I'm happy with a toe-in slightly less than 45 degrees. Dynamics are phenomenal -- plenty of punch and snap. They mate really well with my KR Audio Kronzilla amp with deep and very musical bass. Highs are very clear and midrange very engaging. I'm getting a nice layered depth of soundfield, and find that is sensitive to speaker toe in, as is degree of high end. What I find is that I'm really enjoying listening to music now instead of fretting about what else I need to do to my system. I'm sure I'll want to go mucking around with something new at some point, but it isn't going to be the speakers.

The Jazz Modules are a real joy.

Howard

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #44 on: 5 Oct 2008, 11:09 pm »
Glad you're happy.  :thumb:

That's a nice situation to be in - where you can relax and forget the system and just enjoy the music.

I think most of the few of us who have actually gotten to that point have paid handsomely for the self-education involved, in the form of equipment bought and sold.

As time goes on, I am more and more convinced that the critical factor is the speakers, after all.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #45 on: 25 Apr 2010, 04:11 pm »
A speaker with quicker response, wider dynamics, cleaner transients, air and space, I have not heard.  Heard The Planetarium Beta System yesterday and it blew me out of my socks.  Never thought I would hear the detail from a dynamic speaker that I have heard from electrostatic speakers in the past, but I did.  And these things construct real images not only in sound but in size.  I took some records, classical and jazz and even a single of Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation and my host played some plus a high rez Patricia Barber and Jennifer Warnes track from his server.  Those last two had a sweet civility to them I wasn't expecting after the bombastic stuff we had been listening to.  My host sold his big Sound Lab speakers to make room for these.  I asked him what he missed about them and he said nothing, that Duke had used Sound Labs as his reference when making these (Duke is a dealer for Sound Labs, this I know).  I'm puttin this under this topic about the Jazz Modules cause they are the same speaker on a smaller scale and, fellas, these things ARE efficient.  The volume and scale we were getting from a relatively low output tube amp was simply stunning.  Hail to the chief. 

Damn, I was mesmerized.  The whole system consisting of the towers and four self powered subs (The Swarm) plus an active crossover to integrate the subs cost 10k.  That's not a meager sum but for what you get I think it has to be the best value in all of audio.

I invited myself back and will take some recordings that I know will come alive in ways not possible in my small solar system.

And what Russell said.
« Last Edit: 25 Apr 2010, 06:22 pm by jimdgoulding »