Dave's Cables: New Speaker Cable Lineup, Power Cable Lineup and New Name!

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
In the next few weeks I will have a new website and a new business name, as there are 2 other Dave's Cables in the USA and even though I own the domain I can't trademark it. Also, I plan on releasing a unique, high performance SET amp (6 month out or so) and a speaker (6-12 months out) so a more general name was warranted as well.

It is ZenWave Audio

With the new site I will have a new line of speaker cables and power cables.

SPEAKER CABLES: Based on multiple runs of 24, 26 or 28 gauge wire using Neotech upocc silver and silver/gold alloy. The silver/gold alloy is the same wire used in my D4 interconnect cable and is stunning... Many super-high end speaker cables are based on upocc silver, I plan on offering a lineup of highly customizable cables at very low prices compared to my competition. The silver/gold alloy cables are expensive but are one of a kind as I am the only person with this particular wire.

POWER CABLES: Based on my 14 gauge UPOCC copper litz wire, it will be offerd in 11 and 14 gauges to start with. This cable is very clean, clear and quiet with great dynamics. It will feature Neotech's new upocc copper plugs and iecs.

Pics of power cables using old-style connectors:

16-strand, 19-gauge upocc silver/gold alloy speaker cable before protective cotton techflex brand jacket is installed:

Stercom

Congrats Dave! Exciting news! If your new speaker cables are on the same level as your D4 interconnects I'm sure they will be phenomenal!

dpatters

Dave,

Any idea of the price points on the power cables?

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Thanks guys!

The silver or silver/gold alloy speaker cable will be a great match with the D4 ic cable, yes...  :icon_twisted:   It achieves the D4s level of performance, but unfortunately speaker cables use A LOT more metal than ic cables so the price is higher. These cables will not be inexpensive but are true reference level cables and as usual my prices will be much lower than my competition for a similar quality cable. AFAIK nobody is building cables with the new upocc silver/gold alloy, and not only am I offering them, I have a version of the wire that far outperforms the stock wire Neotech offers the public for my applications.

And FWIW, I do offer a generous return/upgrade policy for anyone who has recently bought a cable from me after I come out with something new if you prefer the new product. I don't want anyone to think they should have waited to buy....

On pricing, the new line of speaker cables will start around $1000 for an 6' 20g upocc silver cable and go up to around $5k for a 14g silver/gold alloy cable.

The power cords will start at around $399 for the 14g and $550 for the 11g for a 4' cable.

I am super excited to get the new website open in the next few weeks too!  :green: