Dinner Jazz Excursion

DaveNote

• Without music, life would be a mistake. Nietzsche
Dinner Jazz Excursion
« on: 23 May 2012, 01:59 am »
I'm a fan of the Internet radio station "Dinner Jazz Excursion" because, so far, it meets all I want from a jazz station:

1. 24/7 straight up mainline jazz.
2. No vocals.
3. No ads, no talking.
4. Stable reception.

I was wondering if anyone has found any other Internet radio stations meeting these specifications.

Dave

richidoo

Re: Dinner Jazz Excursion
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2012, 03:18 am »
I listen to a couple different stations on Pandora. They have "genre stations" which are not artist specific. Cool Jazz, Jazz Essentials, Bebop Combo and Cuban Radio are on my heavy rotation list. I also like Kenny Burrell, Horace Silver, and Phineas Newborn Jr. artist stations. They seem to include what I like and avoid what I don't like without a lot of feedback from me. No vocals on any of these, and playing through Sonos (or Squeezebox) I hear only one 10 second ad every 2 hours, no limit to playtime, and 6 skips per hour.

Linn Radio has 3 stations, Rock, Classical and Jazz. The Jazz is a lot of vocals and leans toward modern fluff, but the sound quality is excellent, high bit rate stream.

tunein.com links to radio stations with internet stream by genre, by show name, and even by song title playing right now. I haven't used it much yet, just found it last week.
http://tunein.com/radio/Dinner-Jazz-Excursion-s49633/  ;)

DaveNote

« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2012, 03:32 am »
I listen to a couple different stations on Pandora. They have "genre stations" which are not artist specific. Cool Jazz, Jazz Essentials, Bebop Combo and Cuban Radio are on my heavy rotation list. I also like Kenny Burrell, Horace Silver, and Phineas Newborn Jr. artist stations. They seem to include what I like and avoid what I don't like without a lot of feedback from me. No vocals on any of these, and playing through Sonos (or Squeezebox) I hear only one 10 second ad every 2 hours, no limit to playtime, and 6 skips per hour.

Linn Radio has 3 stations, Rock, Classical and Jazz. The Jazz is a lot of vocals and leans toward modern fluff, but the sound quality is excellent, high bit rate stream.

tunein.com links to radio stations with internet stream by genre, by show name, and even by song title playing right now. I haven't used it much yet, just found it last week.
http://tunein.com/radio/Dinner-Jazz-Excursion-s49633/  ;)

Thanks for these suggestions. I've tried some of these, but they still have stuff I don't want if I can avoid it. The closest I've found is Fallingstars from Korea: No ads or talk, but some vocals, and genres that are OK, but not my favourite.

Dave

DaveNote

« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2012, 08:31 pm »
Long ago, DJE would have a voice pop up to say briefly this is DJE or the like. After many, many weeks, a few minutes ago it returned.

Too bad.  :cry:

Nocturne79

« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2012, 11:41 pm »
I found I really enjoy JAZZRADIO.COM  its free but with the premium memebership you get better audio quality and no commercials.  I love it cause it has alot of different types of jazz...instruments, vocals..all types heh

enjoy

DaveNote

« Reply #5 on: 28 May 2012, 11:51 pm »
I found I really enjoy JAZZRADIO.COM  its free but with the premium memebership you get better audio quality and no commercials.  I love it cause it has alot of different types of jazz...instruments, vocals..all types heh

enjoy

Thanks for the suggestion.

Dave