LGK 2.0 Crossover Check

BlindFalcon

LGK 2.0 Crossover Check
« on: 27 Mar 2024, 07:03 pm »
Hey Gang.  Just getting around to building my LGK 2.0's.  I'm organizing the crossovers using a post by E-ZEE.  Can someone let me know if this is good before I start soldering.  I don't know electronic symbols, so I used "S" for speaker, and "I" for input.  Can someone tell me what "W" stands for? 

Also, is it OK to put the large coil towards the front.  If I put it in the back it interferes with the connectors.  I could mount the connectors high though.  Picture attached.

Thanks!

fre11111

• Industry Participant
Re: LGK 2.0 Crossover Check
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2024, 10:39 am »
Hi Blind Falcon,

Dont forget to strip the red coating in the Inductor leads. I am not sure if it is just the photo but it seems that the big inductor needs to be stripped. You can use sandpaper, a cutter or a dremel tool. Thanks.

Frederick

BlindFalcon

« Reply #2 on: 28 Mar 2024, 06:49 pm »
Thanks Frederick.  I'll definitely strip the red coating off before soldering.  I haven't made that connection yet as I'm planning on slipping a piece of shrink tubing up on the solder joint higher up on that lead.  I need to start building the cabinets.  Out of town this weekend, but by next week things should start to happen.

fre11111

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 29 Mar 2024, 04:11 am »
Let me know if you have any questions, just send me a PM and I will help anyway I can.

Frederick