Problem with my Trumpet.

amandarae

Problem with my Trumpet.
« on: 19 Jul 2005, 05:57 am »
Hello Jim,

I had been using my Trumpet for 4 days without hiccups.  Until recently!
The fuse keeps blowing.  When I replaced it with the 1A rated fuse, with the MUTE/POLARITY set to MUTE for both channels, the HEATER turns On.  After waiting for 60 seconds, as soon as I engaged the High Voltage, the fuse blows.  I tried several tubes (all new and testing new in my tester) to no avail. :(

How can I trounleshoot this?  Or should I be looking at sending it to you for service?

Thanks,

Abe

hagtech

Problem with my Trumpet.
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jul 2005, 06:06 pm »
The fuse needs to be a "slow-blo" type.  But maybe something else has gone awry.  You can take a look under the hood for burnt components, etc., but please don't try and take it apart.  The chassis is not designed for easy service and is a real pain to work with (so much for putting sonics ahead of assembly).

You will probably have to send the unit in for warranty service.  I should be able to fix it in about a day.

jh :(

amandarae

Problem with my Trumpet.
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jul 2005, 04:56 am »
Hi Jim,

I look inside and cannot see any signs of burn.  All I did was to replace the fuse (with correct rating of course) and still the same.

Sorry if I can only respond to you late at night.  I am very busy at work and I am afraid the situation will not change for a few more weeks.  I will ship it to you this week if I can.  Thanks for your support and for assuring me of the warranty of my preamp.  

Anyway, you have a PM from me to iron out the details.

Thank you very much.

amandarae

Problem with my Trumpet.
« Reply #3 on: 4 Aug 2005, 08:49 am »
My Trumpet is back!   Not only did Jim troubleshot and made sure that the amp is in perfect operating condition before going to vacation, he even re-finished the wood panels!  It looks and smells brand new :o   Of course, it sounds marvelous as expected!

Hats of to Jim, who dropped my preamp off to ship on the way to the airport.  He did not even ask for a cent for all the troubles I made.

Thanks again Jim!  Excellent customer service to say the least!