Couple of SACDs for sale

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Couple of SACDs for sale
« on: 21 Apr 2004, 03:58 am »
1.  The Thorns.  This ones a really great sounding hybrid SACD on Aware Records.  The Thorns are industry vets in the CSN vein.  They have a nice cover of "Blue", and overall the songs are pretty good.  But it's a tad to 60's/70's for my sensibilities; not bad, but I'm not really so into that genre.  The disc is in perfect shape and includes both a stereo and a really restrained & tastefull MC mix.

2.  Gustav Holst/Planets; Colin Mathews/Pluto.  The Halle Orchestra, Mark Elder cond.- Hyperion.   I bought this superb recording without noticing it's strictly stereo, no MC version.  :cry:   While that doesn't condemn a disc to for most people, I don't have much interest in new recordings in stereo.  This one sounds very good- for stereo. (Sorry, had to get that in.  :wink: ).  It is a hybrid, however, so you can play it on your CD player.  I really enjoyed Mathew's Pluto, and I'm eager to get the Naxos DVD-A version of the same peice.

I'll sell them for $12 each shipped.  If someone wants them both I'll take $22 shipped.  I have a paypal account & won't charge extra if you pay me that way.[/i]