2018 Capitol Audio "Feast"

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
2018 Capitol Audio "Feast"
« on: 30 Aug 2018, 08:07 pm »
Was talking with someone about the Saturday night meal, and we are considering a new place.

Originally, Rim choose that place and we had the private room jammed packed with a ton of people. He couldn't come one year so I took over. I got the semi-private room and generally we would have the section to ourselves with our smaller group. It wasn't hard to add chairs and/or a table when we needed to, and it was a nice place but wasn't formal because we came in with jeans and polo's (and didn't require suits and ties). Plus, it was local to Rockville, it had a range of food from steaks to vegetarian to other stuff like seafood. They would have a special menu for us like extra large steaks or other things they might not prepare regularly. I'm old fashioned so I want my yearly good steak. But, the food was secondary to the breaking of bread with friends, associates, and families once a year.

My goal on staying with that place was to show loyalty so that it could garner a relationship with them, and be able to pay off down the road. Do we have a suggestion on a place that is similar?

Criterial:
1. takes reservations
2. private/semi-private area/room with space to grow
3. range of food that everybody could enjoy and not be a specific type of eatery
4. in Rockville/local (consider that places walking distance to the hotel are generally crowded on Saturday night)

dB Cooper

Re: 2018 Capitol Audio "Feast"
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2018, 01:36 am »
As far as #3 goes, I might be able to go but didn't want to go to a steak joint, being a vegetarian.

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 15 Sep 2018, 05:46 am »
The old place (Nick's Chophouse) had a veggie dishes as well as seafood. We can always go back to it. But, don't let the name fool you. Nick's is just a nice, all-round restaurant.

I have a new place that looks promising. I'm checking on the availability. It's closer so we can carpool or Uber.

You are welcome to attend. In fact, I insist you come. This feast is about getting together. It's all of us regular Joes who attend C.A.F. and typically are regulars on Audio Circle (Mid-Atlantic), volunteer at C.A.F. (especially DC Audio DIY), C.A.F. vendors, and any other person who wants to come who will put up with us.

We only see one-another only once a year. The food is secondary. Just because someone has a steak, it doesn't mean you have to eat one.

dB Cooper

« Reply #3 on: 15 Sep 2018, 05:58 am »
I know I don't have to eat a steak, just that I browsed the menu online (Nick's) last year and it looked kinda sparse veggie-wise. Most good places can improvise something for us veggie types though. Will keep an eye (ribeye?) on this thread.

Will do my best to make it this year. It would be nice to have faces and real names to put with screen names. I have met a few of our merry band there at CAF.
« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2018, 01:49 pm by dB Cooper »

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 16 Sep 2018, 04:59 pm »
We need everybody to R.S.V.P.

I need to know how many people for the reservation. Plus, what is your diet requirements?

dB Cooper

« Reply #5 on: 16 Sep 2018, 10:07 pm »
Nothing bizarre; I just don't eat meat.

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 19 Sep 2018, 06:51 pm »
We are aiming for Clyde's, but we will have Nick's as a backup.

https://www.clydes.com/tower-oaks-lodge

Please R.S.V.P. so we can confirm.

Woodsea

« Reply #7 on: 20 Sep 2018, 12:12 am »
Count me in.   :popcorn:

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 23 Sep 2018, 06:35 pm »
Count me in.   :popcorn:

Glad you will join. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

40 days away.

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 4 Oct 2018, 04:25 pm »
Reservation is made for 6:30pm on Saturday, 11/3/18.

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 14 Oct 2018, 04:39 pm »
Reservation is made for 6:30pm on Saturday, 11/3/18.

We will meet in the hotel lobby at 6:00pm-ish (next to the C.A.F tables. We should leave a 6:15pm.

Let me know if you would like to come.

dB Cooper

« Reply #11 on: 20 Oct 2018, 04:06 am »
What's the restaurant?

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 20 Oct 2018, 05:29 am »
Clyde's of Rockville.

dB Cooper

« Reply #13 on: 20 Oct 2018, 03:12 pm »
found answer

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #14 on: 27 Oct 2018, 07:08 pm »
One week to go.

We can also do lunch Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Plenty of places down the street.

dB Cooper

« Reply #15 on: 3 Nov 2018, 02:14 am »
I'm questionable for tomorrow and will update later. Tired on the molecular level and pretty much seen what I came to see at the show (will share some observations and opinions in the morning). Going to see how I feel tomorrow.