(SOLD) Sugden Masterclass IA-4 Integrated Amplifier (Class A)

unitygain

Reluctantly listing my single-ended 33 CLASS A watts per channel Sugden Masterclass IA-4 in like new condition. Handcrafted in 2017 and a very easy 9/10.

Lovingly cared for and showing no signs of use, this amp is addictive and a real find!

This is a stunning amplifier. No crossover distortion in the output stage leads to unrivaled purity (nearly immeasurable distortion and the trace amounts are 2nd harmonic). Gains a vistavision-like soundstage and sunshine transparency from its state-of-the-art current-feedback open-loop dual-voltage transimpedence preamplifer section that also features an exceptional MM phono stage. Timeless styling and a perfect Titanium finish; feels like a real tank, excellent dial ergonomics, and those heatsinks are beautifully curved for pain-free handling.

The Sugden Masterclass IA-4 produces a huge, crystal clear sonic picture. Completely grain-free, gargantuan soundstage, blistering speed, forceful bass, endless treble extension, and a rich and kaleidoscopic midband. Used gently in my system with Devore O/93s, a known grail match, and this amp can drive anything down to medium sensitivity speakers in a medium/large room (e.g., Dynaudio Special Forty pairs beautifully). Provides more clean power in Class A than the Accuphase E-650, Pass Labs Int-25, or Luxman 590AXII. Sugden has been hand-crafting Class A integrateds in West Yorkshire since 1967 and they have their game down.

Comprehensive review and measurements: http://soultosoleaudio.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Sugden-Masterclass-Hi-Fi-World-December-2007.pdf

FROM THE MANUFACTURER (who has been handcrafting amplification since 1967)
The IA-4 is our flagship and most popular integrated amplifier. Weighing a substantial 20 kilos the IA-4 has a purposeful look and impressive build quality. Plenty of input and output facilities are on offer including a high quality phono stage. The class A power output circuit has been upgraded from the A21 series with a larger power supply and improved smoothing and output capacitors. Gold plated circuit boards, full relay switching and a precision input selector switch offer further detailing. The pre-amplifier section of the IA-4 is a bespoke design with flawless clarity and detail. The most noticeable feature is the ability to create a large performance with depth and height on any type of music.

SPECS
​Facilities
Inputs ​Three line level, tape, MM phono, balanced
Outputs Variable pre-out, fixed out, loudspeaker out
Volume Control Remote control RC5 compatible
Tape Monitor and record off

​Specifications
Line Input sensitivity 125mV
Phono Input Sensitivity 2mV (MM)
Power Output 33 Watts per channel
Frequency Response +/-1dB 14Hz-200kHz
Bandwidth 6Hz-300kHz
Signal to Noise >84dB
Gross Weight (packed) 20kgs
Dimensions 165 x 430 x 440mm (hwd)

TRANSACTION NOTES
Amp is located in New York City. Will split shipping fees and Paypal (for buyer protection, I accept PayPal only) in Continental US. Includes all original packaging, remote, and accessories.

« Last Edit: 13 Jan 2020, 05:11 pm by unitygain »

tdinut

• Joe aka Joeinid on other forums.
    • Audioshark Forum
Excellent amp! Good luck with the sale.

unitygain

It is genuinely stunning in its performance and I'm happy to help others enjoy it!

Also, what a thoughtful message; thank you!

tdinut

• Audioshark Forum
If I didn't have too much gear already, I would have pulled the trigger.

My pleasure. Looks in perfect shape. Someone will love it.

unitygain

Price reduction: 3800 for an even better value. Enjoy!

tdinut

• Audioshark Forum
I honestly can not believe this one has not sold yet. Best of luck!

unitygain

Re: FS: Sugden Masterclass IA-4 Integrated Amplifier (Class A)
« Reply #6 on: 28 Dec 2019, 05:49 pm »
$3600 or best offer

unitygain

« Reply #7 on: 2 Jan 2020, 04:31 pm »
$3550 for a quick sale.

tdinut

• Audioshark Forum
« Reply #8 on: 3 Jan 2020, 09:26 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e5mVgw-wbU

Sugden Masterclass IA-4 Integrated Amplifier playing through Harbeth 30.2.

Absolutely wonderful sound.

unitygain

« Reply #9 on: 3 Jan 2020, 10:56 pm »
Stunning too through my Devore 93s and Studio Electric M4s - an all around beautiful, crystalline, natural sound! I so hope someone gets to enjoy it soon.

Siltech

« Reply #10 on: 7 Jan 2020, 06:56 pm »
Could you do $3000 and I’ll pay shipping.   Thank you.   Ron

unitygain

Re: (SOLD) Sugden Masterclass IA-4 Integrated Amplifier (Class A)
« Reply #11 on: 13 Jan 2020, 05:13 pm »
Hi Ron, it sold for a higher offer. If you ever find another one out there, they’re just fantastic!

tdinut

• Audioshark Forum
Re: (SOLD) Sugden Masterclass IA-4 Integrated Amplifier (Class A)
« Reply #12 on: 14 Jan 2020, 09:45 pm »
Congratulations!