Two new mono amps: NuPrime Evolution Two and AMG One

Sandbakk

• Dipole is my choice of speaker construction.
Re: Two new mono amps: NuPrime Evolution Two and AMG One
« Reply #20 on: 25 Apr 2023, 10:52 pm »
Nuprime might be the ONLY high-end audio amplifier company in the world that is continuously innovating in variants of Class-D designs.

What about Orchard Audio?

Not really part of this thread, but it would be interesting to see a comparison between Orchard Audio's new version of Starkrimson Ultra Mono and Nuprime Evolution two.

rustydoglim

« Reply #21 on: 1 May 2023, 08:33 am »
It is quite easy to tell if the audio brand does its own design from the ground up - they would have told you and show you what they have done in technical details (not marketing fluff).  The Guides section on Nuprime website explained our core technologies. And we show the inside of our products.
Designing and manufacturing variations of Class-D is very hard, only a handful of engineers can do that.
Bruno Putzeys who designed Hypex amps (I don't think he works there anymore) is one of the leading expert on class-D amp.
The only way to make money in class-D amp is to get into the high volume commercial OEM modules business. That's the goal for IcePower and Hypex. And every brands buy from them.
Many other low end high power ClassD amps use reference design from MOSFET companies. You will be shocked if you learn how much those off-the-shelf modules cost in 1K volume.

Nuprime is the outlier in the high-end audio industry. We can do what we do because we have an OEM business that subsidises the high-end audio.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #22 on: 1 May 2023, 02:10 pm »
“ Nuprime is the outlier in the high-end audio industry. We can do what we do because we have an OEM business that subsidises the high-end audio.”

I didn’t know that. That’s an interesting bit of information. I suspect I’ve bumped into a couple brands in Taiwan that get parts from Nuprime.

rustydoglim

« Reply #23 on: 5 May 2023, 04:42 pm »
The OEM/ODM side normally manufactures finished products. I don't think they sell parts on the market. In some cases they supply parts to other finished product. It is still a very small business. As a small manufacturer, we focus on a few customers (brand and OEM) and can not afford to expand (the expansion and contraction cycle can kill a factory). While others come and go, we stay alive and keep going.

orchardaudio

• Industry Participant
    • Orchard Audio
« Reply #24 on: 24 May 2023, 05:13 pm »
What about Orchard Audio?

Not really part of this thread, but it would be interesting to see a comparison between Orchard Audio's new version of Starkrimson Ultra Mono and Nuprime Evolution two.

Thanks for the mention.
« Last Edit: 24 May 2023, 10:40 pm by orchardaudio »

rustydoglim

« Reply #25 on: 25 May 2023, 04:37 am »
Thanks for the mention.

Please remove this message, it is against site policy to promote in another brand's circle.

Themouloud

« Reply #26 on: 21 Jul 2023, 05:41 am »
Hello
I bought 3 AMG ones for the HC part but I would like to be able to connect the two amps to a streammer preamp... do you have the thing that goes best with the AMG one?
Thanks in advance
Regards

rustydoglim

« Reply #27 on: 23 Jul 2023, 04:40 pm »
Nuprime doesn't yet have a high-end streaming DAC/preamp (target early Q4 2023).  Stream-9 is very good but you need to pair it with a DAC.

Themouloud

« Reply #28 on: 26 Jul 2023, 10:46 am »
Thank you
Will wait
AMG one is incredible amplifier
i use it with arendal 1723 S .JBL sdp 55 (then dirac )
In stereo or HC its incredible
I tried before mcx4 ..2 AMG sta..michi ect
This small and not expensive must be known
Really accurate ..détails and Dynamic sound

rustydoglim

« Reply #29 on: 30 Jul 2023, 08:08 pm »
The Absolute Sound has a review coming out soon for AMG One. 
I haven't seen a review that good for a long time.  :thumb:

whodiini

« Reply #30 on: 7 Aug 2023, 06:27 am »
Interesting amps. 

I find that Nuprime website confusing and difficult to follow.

I second this.  I find it is very hard to identify which amps sound similarly but with differing powe levels.  Having owned several nuprime amps, I can only discover this by trying them, which is rather expensive.  I wish you would group them accordingly. 

For example, I found the sound of the ida8 and mcx very similar with different power levels. 

The st 10 is more revealing and grouped with the mono versions and I don’t know if it sounds like the stx. 

The evo 2 and amg one sound similar.  Don’t know if it sounds the same as the ida8 and mcx.  Also is there a stereo version for those who don’t want or need monoblocks?  I would be interested to try if it sounds like the mcx and not interested if it sounds like the st10. 

rustydoglim

« Reply #31 on: 8 Aug 2023, 02:26 pm »
I understand, but having more choices is better than no choice.
Nuprime is known for being value for money.  Therefore when choosing the amp, you decide based on your budget and preference.

The amp comparison guide lets you start with your preference: Are you seeking specific power or warmth?
I think Power, Warmth, and Budget are pretty much the primary considerations.
We have this system guide to help you get started: https://nuprimeaudio.com/systems/

Themouloud

« Reply #32 on: 18 Nov 2023, 01:24 pm »
https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/nuprime-amg-one-power-amplifier/

I still think it's by far the best nuprime amp after owning MCX, AMG Sta, Sta and Sta X
I now use it with the new denon avc a1h
I tried with or without the nuprime, I much prefer with the nuprime, the music has more body ect (the violins are magnificent by the way) more emotion and emotion in music is the most important

AllanS

« Reply #33 on: 18 Nov 2023, 05:38 pm »
https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/nuprime-amg-one-power-amplifier/

I still think it's by far the best nuprime amp after owning MCX, AMG Sta, Sta and Sta X
I now use it with the new denon avc a1h
I tried with or without the nuprime, I much prefer with the nuprime, the music has more body ect (the violins are magnificent by the way) more emotion and emotion in music is the most important
If possible please elaborate on why you prefer the AMG One over AMG STA.  Personal experiences will be helpful for me to understand Jason’s opening comment that a person will like one or the other but not both.  Thank you.

Themouloud

« Reply #34 on: 18 Nov 2023, 06:19 pm »
it is straighter in a transparent sense of the term more analytical more details, a better defined sound scene and better defined bass but without excess, when I listen to the adagio I have the impression of having the strings in front of me, it grabs me more, and on the contrary on a Bob Marley song I listen all the little percussions; details perfectly reproduced
it is a hypex module perfectly integrated with the nuprime touch. the AMG Sta is also very good but I feel less pleasure, bass less present and perhaps too colorful for my taste; so for me the AMG One is more versatile hifi like HC , all kind of music because it is also what I said above more dynamic
I use arendal 1723S

AllanS

« Reply #35 on: 18 Nov 2023, 11:45 pm »
Thanks much for the details.  I didn't realize the Ones are a NuPrime Hypex integration.  I assumed they were home grown.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #36 on: 19 Nov 2023, 01:31 am »
It’s my understanding that Nuprime amps are home grown, too. This is the first time I have seen anyone claim they are hypex amps. Jason, care to chime in here?

Themouloud

« Reply #37 on: 19 Nov 2023, 10:04 am »
Thanks much for the details.  I didn't realize the Ones are a NuPrime Hypex integration.  I assumed they were home grown.
it's not a hypex it was a metaphor
hypex modules are in fashion at the moment that's why I made a metaphor

Themouloud

« Reply #38 on: 19 Nov 2023, 10:06 am »
It’s my understanding that Nuprime amps are home grown, too. This is the first time I have seen anyone claim they are hypex amps. Jason, care to chime in here?

yes it was a metaphor
its not an hypex of course

rustydoglim

« Reply #39 on: 20 Nov 2023, 08:45 pm »

Where did this hypex integration come from? Don't make me puke  :duh:
Of course Nuprime amps are all designed by Nuprime. We do not buy from Hypex or any other amp module.
In fact, we will be introducing our own amp module for the DIY and installation marketing in December.