GAN Class D

pawsman

GAN Class D
« on: 6 Oct 2021, 11:44 am »
Jason,
I wondered if Nuprime has a GAN Class D amplifier in the works?

pawsman

rustydoglim

Re: GAN Class D
« Reply #1 on: 11 Oct 2021, 08:28 pm »
We tried that 2 years ago, and it is still a research project. The problem we find with GAN device is that we can run it as very high switching frequency and it sounded super detailed, but something else is off (hard to explain).

Spenav

« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2021, 11:04 pm »
I hope Nuprime figure it out soon because other companies have. They are out there getting rave reviews for their applications.  I really have no doubt that Nuprime will get in the game with a killer GaN amp soon. I have compared my ST-10 to one of the better GaN amp on the market and can report that the ST-10 had nothing to be ashamed of.

rustydoglim

« Reply #3 on: 21 Oct 2021, 05:11 pm »
I hope Nuprime figure it out soon because other companies have. They are out there getting rave reviews for their applications.

I doubt so. Name a GAN amp that can compete with AMG STA, ST-10, etc ?
I am sure if we bring out our GAN amp, many of you will be like "WOW, ..." Keep in mind that we compared our experimental GAN amp with Evo One.
We don't want to bring out a new tech for tech sake. So what if it is smaller (nobody will pay more for a smaller amp, our amp is already too small and we make them any smaller we get no respect). Or it consumes less power.
We only adopt a new technology if it truly brings benefits.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 21 Oct 2021, 09:21 pm »
+1 Well said, Iam always one eye on 100W Class D amps tô drive FR drives.