Low watts, (relatively) cheap with a tiny footprint

kirch

• "He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"
    • http://www.vo-pro.com
Low watts, (relatively) cheap with a tiny footprint
« on: 20 Feb 2015, 06:51 pm »

Space a problem?  Check this system out.  A tube setup that fits on top of the monitor!

I had a Sophia Baby amp ($600+/- on Agon) and a early Benchmark Dac1 ($500+/- on Agon) sitting around not being used, so I took my powered Mackie HR624's outta service in my audio mixing room today (my office) and hooked up a pair of Paradigm Studio 20's I've had for years.  I think they're about 15-20 years old.  If I had to guess they're worth maybe $500-$600 for the pair. 

Technically the Sophia Baby is an integrated, because it has a volume control on the front and an input on the back.  I connected an original squeezebox to the Benchmark and voila! 

What a terrific sound for a small room!  For just 10 watts, this thing goes plenty loud and sounds terrific!  The Benchmark really supplements and tightens the bass for the Sophia and adds just the right amount of focus.  I have a switch for when I need to move the audio over to my computer for work.  Having a hard time working though, as good as this sounds!.

Blackmore

Re: Low watts, (relatively) cheap with a tiny footprint
« Reply #1 on: 20 Feb 2015, 08:03 pm »
That is one awesome little stack of goodness.  Way to go on the vertical thinking. :thumb: