MiniWatt - Product Support Thread

miniwatt

• Industry Participant
    • MiniWatt
MiniWatt - Product Support Thread
« on: 30 Aug 2009, 12:17 pm »
Hello! My name is Derek, and I represent MiniWatt to provide supports and get your feedbacks on our products. 

If you have auditioned or purchased MiniWatt S1, please share your comments and suggestions on MiniWatt S1 and it will be great if you can post the photos of MiniWatt in your system in here.  :D

Any suggestions or ideas on 2nd model of MiniWatt will be much appreciated! Thanks!

Cheers
Derek
www.miniwatt.com.hk
email: derek@miniwatt.com.hk

chadh

Re: MiniWatt - Product Support Thread
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2009, 01:39 pm »

Hi Derek,

Mariusz had mentioned earlier that you have a plan to make the S1 model compatible with headphone applications.  Would you be able to fill us in on what you have in store?

Many thanks, and best of luck with your pursuits.

Chad

miniwatt

• Industry Participant
    • MiniWatt
« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2009, 04:40 pm »
Hi Chad and all,

It will be available by end of Sept, pls keep an eye on our website and our US dealer Ken from ALO  :), we will post the latest news in here and keep all of you updated!

Thanks!
Derek

cryoparts

« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2009, 07:44 pm »
Hi Chad and all,

It will be available by end of Sept, pls keep an eye on our website and our US dealer Ken from ALO  :), we will post the latest news in here and keep all of you updated!

Thanks!
Derek

Put me down for one of the headphone adapters.  I think Ken has one on a standing order for me already.

Lee

Wind Chaser

« Reply #4 on: 31 Aug 2009, 12:12 am »
I read about a cheap modification that makes a tremendous difference
in both sound quality and how it benches... 

Here is the stock amplifier measured with 10 ohm load resistor at 1 khz

Stock amp at 10 khz

Modified at 1 khz

Modified at 10 khz

But what really matters most is how it sounds.  Among other things
the author reports "tonality is much improved."  Cost of the mod...
58 cents! 

I'll PM you links with all the details as it is posted on a competing board.

miniwatt

• Industry Participant
    • MiniWatt
« Reply #5 on: 31 Aug 2009, 12:43 am »
Hi Wind Chaser,

Thanks so much for your valuable info!

I will inform our engineering team to do the modifications on MiniWatt, and compare the differences.

Keep you all posted!
Cheers
Derek

Wind Chaser

« Reply #6 on: 1 Sep 2009, 02:03 pm »
I will inform our engineering team to do the modifications on MiniWatt, and compare the differences.

Keep you all posted!

Please do... when it comes to market I want to be in line for 1st one bearing the serial number 0001 in a bold new outrageous two tone color.  :wink:

pardales

« Reply #7 on: 1 Sep 2009, 02:16 pm »
I wrote some feedback on the "tour" thread MariusZ sponsored. This is one great little amp. Whatever you do next, keep the fundamental sonic character of the Miniwatt as it is astonishing for the asking price.

miniwatt

• Industry Participant
    • MiniWatt
« Reply #8 on: 1 Sep 2009, 02:49 pm »
Hi Wind Chaser and all,

We already bought Japan TDK capacitors, and will modify the circuit accordingly.

Hi pardales,

Thanks for your feedback, we're really glad you like our MiniWatt, and our team will keep improving our products. :D

Cheers
Derek

Mariusz

« Reply #9 on: 1 Sep 2009, 03:10 pm »
Hello Derek and welcome to Audio Circle.

First, I want to thank you for making the tour possible and hope we can have more of these in the future.

I would also like to add that Derek is a pleasure to work with and provides excellent customer service to his clients.

MiniWatt is excellent example of inexpensive gear that sounds good and is quite affordable.
Way to go Derek.

I hope we will hear more from MiniWatt and that you continue expansion of your company with new, exiting products in the future.

Best
Mariusz :thumb:

miniwatt

• Industry Participant
    • MiniWatt
« Reply #10 on: 1 Sep 2009, 03:16 pm »
Hi Mariusz,

I really appreciate your help on MiniWatt tour, and it's also my pleasure to work with you. Once again, thanks so much  :thumb:!

Cheers
Derek

Wind Chaser

« Reply #11 on: 1 Sep 2009, 11:09 pm »
We already bought Japan TDK capacitors, and will modify the circuit accordingly.

If those TDK caps are ceramic, they will need some running time before they open up, but initial impressions should be very favorable.  Looking forward to your assessment.

miniwatt

• Industry Participant
    • MiniWatt
« Reply #12 on: 2 Sep 2009, 02:39 pm »
Hi All,

Our team compared the differences, and we do agree it improves the sonic performance especially on high frequency range. From now on, all the MiniWatt will be implemented with this change.

Stay tuned!

Cheers
Derek

Cheerwino

« Reply #13 on: 2 Sep 2009, 02:50 pm »
Props to 4season over at that "other" Forum Which Shall Not Be Named for the mod  :thumb: and kudos to Miniwatt for being so responsive in verifying the results and eager to improve their already good product.  aa

Oh, and thanks to Wind for bringing it to light!

ALOaudio

• AudioLineOut
« Reply #14 on: 2 Sep 2009, 03:24 pm »
Hi Chad and all,

Thanks!
Derek

Derek,

Looking forward to using my headphones with my MiniWatt!

Ken

srb

« Reply #15 on: 2 Sep 2009, 03:32 pm »
Our team compared the differences, and we do agree it improves the sonic performance especially on high frequency range. From now on, all the MiniWatt will be implemented with this change.

What?  In < 72 hours?  Quite amazing!

Steve

miniwatt

• Industry Participant
    • MiniWatt
« Reply #16 on: 2 Sep 2009, 03:48 pm »
Hi Ken,

Definitely, you will be the 1st one to try MiniWatt with your headphone  :D

Hi Steve,

Yes, I did compare the differences by myself, and already informed the production line to add these capacitors on MiniWatt, so all new MiniWatt will have these new capacitors on them.

Cheers
Derek
www.miniwatt.com.hk

Caar

« Reply #17 on: 2 Sep 2009, 04:37 pm »
100 m2 room + Marantz 7001 KI -> Supra cables -> MiniWatt (at 12h00 volume) -> Annalysis Plus cables -> Avantgarde Duo Omega speakers (107dB, 18ohm)=great sound indeed and loud.

Lacks a little bass to be almost perfect sound.
Dead silence (what is quite an achievement considering the 107dB).
Looking forward for future - monos - projects.

Pez

« Reply #18 on: 2 Sep 2009, 05:14 pm »
How about a strict stereo version, i.e. no volume pot. I would also love to see more user friendly binding posts. One last thing, deep purple for a color option.  :thumb:

shep

« Reply #19 on: 2 Sep 2009, 05:44 pm »
this is a welcome thread for a welcome product. I'm swallowing my pride to ask a very unreasonable question: is it totally senseless to expect this amp to drive a pair of fairly inefficient (86db) Transmission line spkrs? They are an easy load with a simple crossover. I've been sitting on the fence and with the contributions here and the quick response, I'm leaning dangerously towards...but if they will do nothing more than a gentle whisper, there's no point (except to own a nice piece of audio jewelry) ps I don't use headphones so maybe two versions could be offered for those who don't either?