SOLD Anyone interested in an inexpensive tonearm? $60.

Æ

Anyone interested in ADC ALT-1 tonearm that has probably never ever even been used?

OK, there is a story that goes along with this tonearm. I obtained this tonearm incomplete way back in 1990. It was missing the headshell, the headshell screws, connecting cable, counterbalance weight and armboard. The tonearm had no indication of ever having been used and the where abouts of the missing pieces was unknown. Anyway, I had no trouble obtaining a new headshell and screws, and a suitable replacement cable. I could make my own armboard if I ever needed to, so no problem there. What was left? To find a suitable counterweight. Try as I did, I was not able to locate an original replacement counterweight, so I had to make one. Machined it from stainless steel. I determined the size of the counterweight by extrapolation. Bead blasted the counterweight to give it a nice pleasing appearance.
I've never used the tonearm and probably never will. It's certainly not the Crème de la Crème of tonearms, but what do you expect for $60.
I have plenty of pics, send me your email address and I'll send you more pics if you'd like.
Absolutely clean and unscratched and the arm lift mechanism works just fine. Like I said, it was probably never used. My guess is that the original missing components were taken for use with some other tonearm.
So if you are interested, let me know.
I'll pack it up carefully and ship it in a flat rate box from the U.S. Post Office. I live in Sacramento, Calif 95821. PayPal works for me.

« Last Edit: 18 Nov 2011, 01:49 am by Æ »

Wayner

Re: Anyone interested in an inexpensive tonearm? $60.
« Reply #1 on: 16 Nov 2011, 11:55 pm »
PM sent.

Wayner

dpump

« Reply #2 on: 18 Nov 2011, 01:03 am »
I have an original counterweight for this arm. Whoever buys it can PM me and I will mail it to you if you would like.

Æ

« Reply #3 on: 18 Nov 2011, 01:22 am »
I have an original counterweight for this arm. Whoever buys it can PM me and I will mail it to you if you would like.

It looks like Wayner is getting the arm. It's all boxed up and I'm going to the Post Office tomorrow.

Æ

« Reply #4 on: 18 Nov 2011, 01:41 am »
SOLD

Wayner

Re: SOLD Anyone interested in an inexpensive tonearm? $60.
« Reply #5 on: 18 Nov 2011, 11:38 am »
dpump, you have a PM....

Wayner