New product sneak peek:

Pez

New product sneak peek:
« on: 3 Nov 2020, 07:03 pm »
Hey Folks, I haven’t posted a ton since getting the forum here on AC. I can say with certainty, the only time I’m quiet is when I’m working on something big. :wink: In this case I was busy creating a new geometry. One that I have had a vision of for a long time. It occurred to me that while DCSG does a great job of segregating up to 8 separate signals, however, in the case of a balanced signal for headphones, the potential for improvement beyond what DCSG can do is there.

Due to the fact that a balanced signal is differential, it is possible to take advantage of this to dramatically improve sound quality with geometry alone. Most know the basics about a differential signal’s ability to deliver a cleaner sound from source to amp (or headphones, preamp etc) by virtue of the fact that a balanced signal rejects common mode noise.

Without getting too far into the weeds on ‘true balanced’ vs other solutions, the new design takes advantage of the fact that a differential signal is in original phase and the other signal is phase inverted. By designing the cable geometry to have original phase and inverted phase signals in close proximity WITHOUT merely being twisted, I managed to create an environment in which the induced fields drastically improve signal transfer. And because the geometry keeps left channel +/- at 90 degrees from right channel +/- crosstalk is reduced to a statistical minimum.

Meticulously woven from high grade nylon silk and our high grade Angel Hair silver, we managed to make a cable that is ultra lightweight, flexible and dynamically elastic beyond anything on the market currently. It can be significantly stretched taking the strain off of connectors and delicate solder joints. It literally feels organic!

In a nutshell for balanced signal transmission, with this new geometry, every aspect of sound quality is drastically improved and in many cases (reverb, liquidity, warmth and clarity) the improvement is orders of magnitude greater. This design is the result of 7 months of technical conception and 4 months of building the tools and technique to bring it to life. This is Hapa Audio’s Tour De Force of design. Any perception of beauty is merely coincidental to the mathematical beauty of the geometry. The geometric precision of this design begets gorgeous sound quality beyond reproach.

I will post a more in-depth look into the design and options at a later date.

So ACers, what are your thoughts on the new look?  :)

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: New product sneak peek:
« Reply #1 on: 4 Nov 2020, 12:48 pm »
If looks were audible, you win.   :lol:

So ACers, what are your thoughts on the new look?  :)

Pez

« Reply #2 on: 5 Nov 2020, 08:06 pm »
If looks were audible, you win.   :lol:

If looks could kill.....  :wink:

In this case, looks are audible! The geometry is specifically designed for improving balanced signal transmission.  8)

Pez

« Reply #3 on: 12 Nov 2020, 07:18 pm »

That geometry though! Pretty is a side effect, specifically designed for a balanced signal, the primary purpose of this geometry is to set a new standard in sound quality. More to come!  :popcorn: