Bosch

Charles Calkins

Bosch
« on: 1 Apr 2017, 10:42 pm »

Hi Guys:
   Amazon has an original cops and bad guys show called "Bosch" I started watching it about a week ago. I'm on season 1.
   Pretty good show. If you haven't seen it give it a try.

Cheers
                                                   Charlie

GerryD

Re: Bosch
« Reply #1 on: 3 Apr 2017, 09:31 pm »
Excellent series based on the Michael Connelly books. Season 3 airs later this month.

bentconvert

« Reply #2 on: 3 Apr 2017, 09:37 pm »
Just finished season one. I like it too. It's been a while since I've read the books but it seems they are doing a good job of following the storylines.

The AC tie-in is the main character is into jazz and vinyl. There are scenes where you can see his system. Ohm speakers, I think, an S-armed turntable and a tube amp. :thumb:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #3 on: 18 Feb 2023, 12:23 pm »
Kicking off the dust here, (cough, cough) Bosch looked like a great show that I just fell off of for no particular reason.  When the reboot came on, Harry has transitioned from police to private detective and now his daughter is on the force, so I went back to season one and I've gone through six seasons so far in the past couple of weeks.  The best police detective show I've watched, but that's not what I came to post about.

Harry is a big jazz fan and I can identify the Macintosh amps, the Ohm Walsh speakers, but the brand of turntable escapes me.  Of course I could Google it, but it's more fun to ask here.  Anybody got a bead on the brand and model of the obviously vintage table, and the real kicker, cartridge?  Streaming now on Prime.

rodge827

« Reply #4 on: 18 Feb 2023, 12:59 pm »
It’s a Marantz 6300.

Lady Rodge and I like the show too. Many times she has said “bet you would like to live like him” and I answered a resounding YES. But without guns being pointed at me! I have an aversion to hot lead piercing my flesh!

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #5 on: 18 Feb 2023, 04:27 pm »
Thanks.  Years ago I was friendly with a homicide detective and he told me they rarely investigate anything.  They put the cuffs on the person closest to the deceased and they confessed in the squad car before they got to the station.  Killing someone is such a horrible burden that they can't keep it in.  For drivebys or robberies that involved a killing everyone in the neighborhood knows who did it, and usually someone who doesn't like them comes forward.  Very few mysteries.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #6 on: 19 Feb 2023, 12:11 am »
Thanks.  Years ago I was friendly with a homicide detective and he told me they rarely investigate anything.  They put the cuffs on the person closest to the deceased and they confessed in the squad car before they got to the station.  Killing someone is such a horrible burden that they can't keep it in.  For drivebys or robberies that involved a killing everyone in the neighborhood knows who did it, and usually someone who doesn't like them comes forward.  Very few mysteries.
That makes sense.  Murder is often a crime of passion, and no one can make you crazier than your spouse or your kids. 
As for drive by's?  That's just a different culture than I live in. 

stonedeaf

« Reply #7 on: 21 Feb 2023, 02:08 am »
Watched all the Boschs -read all the books- series is well done. Worth noting : in the larger city immediately East of me -homicide clearance rate is running around 50%. Lots of dead bodies with no one charged for their deaths.

stonedeaf

« Reply #8 on: 21 Feb 2023, 02:14 am »
Sorry -2020 number locally was 61% cleared -national average was 66%.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #9 on: 21 Feb 2023, 11:50 am »
I wouldn't doubt that, I'm sure my detective friend glossed over the failures and I didn't call him on it.  I finished the Bosch series and the first season of Legacy.  I hope there's more seasons of Harry Bosch.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #10 on: 21 Feb 2023, 04:30 pm »
Every time I see the title of this thread I think someone has done a review of a dishwasher.

rodge827

« Reply #11 on: 21 Feb 2023, 05:05 pm »
Every time I see the title of this thread I think someone has done a review of a dishwasher.

Those are very good too! Efficient and very quiet!

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #12 on: 22 Feb 2023, 01:15 pm »
So on my local Facebook Marketplace someone posted a Marantz 6100 turntable and I thought wow, I could have the slightly less automatic version of Harry Bosch's turntable.  Nope, good thing I researched, not even close.  The 6100 is a low end belt drive with a crappy looking tonearm that only resembles the direct drive, well isolated 6300 with a very nice looking tonearm.

nature boy

« Reply #13 on: 22 Feb 2023, 02:49 pm »

Funny, I think auto parts.

NB