Acoustic Art.

Danny Richie

Acoustic Art.
« on: 15 Feb 2024, 08:14 pm »
I thought you guys might want to check out my latest video on a crafty type of room treatment.

https://youtu.be/31Kxc1LbfX0?si=SQCYqTMAHxx2TzHO

BrandonB

Re: Acoustic Art.
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2024, 11:18 pm »
I thought you guys might want to check out my latest video on a crafty type of room treatment.

https://youtu.be/31Kxc1LbfX0?si=SQCYqTMAHxx2TzHO

I watched the video and had a few questions about the treatment.  I have the Otica's.   I should place the absorber directly behind the speakers?  How big should they be?  What about the space between the two absorbers on the wall?  Any kind of canvas should be fine?  Seems like the sound would bounce off the canvas with paint on it.  How much space between the absorbers and the wall?   

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 16 Feb 2024, 12:02 am »
I watched the video and had a few questions about the treatment.  I have the Otica's.   I should place the absorber directly behind the speakers?  How big should they be?  What about the space between the two absorbers on the wall?  Any kind of canvas should be fine?  Seems like the sound would bounce off the canvas with paint on it.  How much space between the absorbers and the wall?

Post a picture of your room and we can really give better advise.

The front wall may need a combination of absorbers in the corner and diffusers in the middle.

Just look at your wall and how much black space you have back there. Flat walls are the enemy.

The space behind the absorber should be about equal to the thickness.

Porous material is best to work well with a wider frequency range. Painted canvas will work well too but better in a mid frequency range. 

BrandonB

« Reply #3 on: 19 Feb 2024, 04:05 am »
Post a picture of your room and we can really give better advise.

The front wall may need a combination of absorbers in the corner and diffusers in the middle.

Just look at your wall and how much black space you have back there. Flat walls are the enemy.

The space behind the absorber should be about equal to the thickness.

Porous material is best to work well with a wider frequency range. Painted canvas will work well too but better in a mid frequency range.

Here are the pictures of my listening room.  The room is about 15x22.  The recliner will be taken out when I get my speakers complete.  My NX-otica's  will be on each side of the TV stand about 3 to 4 feet out. I have that slanted ceiling on one side not sure what that will do to the sound. I have about 3.5 ft of empty space between the back wall and couch. 

Front of the room.
Not exactly sure what I need to put on this wall.

Left side of room

Right side of room. I am going to put some sound absorbing art above the fireplace and maybe above the curtains.  There are double doors behind each set of curtains.

I am wanting something to put on the back wall to disperse.  Maybe a large book shelf.

Although this room is not perfect I feel like I have a really good area to work with.

Danny Richie

« Reply #4 on: 24 Feb 2024, 05:10 pm »
Yeah, that room is going to need a little help. That front wall needs to have some tube traps in the corners, and a combination of absorption and diffusion will really go a long way to reproducing great sound.

emailtim

« Reply #5 on: 22 Mar 2024, 01:42 am »
Danny,

Like these a lot.  Very nice.

Danny Richie

« Reply #6 on: 22 Mar 2024, 04:06 pm »
Thanks,