MSB Link DAC mods - help needed to ID the right bits

whoaru99

I recently came to have a MSB Link DAC III with 24/96 board and Power Base 1000 for a very reasonable price.

Doing some digging, I found Dan's recommended mods here: http://www.themorgue.org/audio/msb-link/

Most of the stuff I can figure out, but have a few questions on things that aren't perfectly clear by component ID number.

In the mods list is mentioned changing the ceramic bypass caps for the main filter caps. Which ones are they?
-----Are they C4, C5, and C6?
-----What about the other caps of similar style in the same general vicinity such as C12 (just above top large cap) and C44 (just above C6 to right of 3rd regulator from bottom)?

Which are the diodes to be replaced by the FREDs?
-----Is it D2, D3, and D4?
-----What about the other similar(?) diodes on the board like D12 and D16?

Changing the regulators to +/-15V?
-----Does that mean just changing the +/-8V regulators U2 and U3? Or, does that mean all regulators including the +/-5V units U1 and U4 also?

Suggests using Caddock resistors around the op amps.
-----Does this mean the precison film type of resistors such as MK-132 or TF020? Or, something else?
-----If "yes" to above, exact values such as 480K don't seem available in the precision film resistors. 475K close enough?

Are there any better bits to use than what's mentioned above? I see some mention Schottky diodes instead of FREDs...any newer opinion there?

Thanks very much in advance!! Look forward to your replies.