Changing the source for BP 25/26 via remote control

mariusconst

Changing the source for BP 25/26 via remote control
« on: 24 May 2009, 02:11 pm »
Hi,
Can the source select switch for BP 25/26 be changed using a universal remote control?
I've noticed that the remote control coming with these preams does not control the source but only volume, phase and mute.  However, I use a Harmony One remote for automation and I wonder if I would be able to change the source using this remote?
Thanks,
Marius

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Changing the source for BP 25/26 via remote control
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2009, 02:33 pm »
Hi,
Can the source select switch for BP 25/26 be changed using a universal remote control?
I've noticed that the remote control coming with these preams does not control the source but only volume, phase and mute.  However, I use a Harmony One remote for automation and I wonder if I would be able to change the source using this remote?
Thanks,
Marius

Hi Marius,

No there is no way to control the 'Source' remotely on the BP6'or BP26 only the BP16 preamp.

james

mariusconst

Re: Changing the source for BP 25/26 via remote control
« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2009, 02:56 pm »
Hi,
Thanks,
Marius

Hi Marius,

No there is no way to control the 'Source' remotely on the BP6'or BP26 only the BP16 preamp.

james

Thanks James!
I currently have this feature on the SP1.7 and I like it a lot as it allows me to store the Bryston preamp/amp under glass door and not touch them at all... but let the remote do the work.
Mainly is the convenience of pressing only one button on the remote and depending on the activity you selected (listend CD music, listen tuner, watch DVD etc) all devices are powered and set the proper way. In my current setting the same remote is also controlling the lights after I changed the dimmer with a 60$ Lutron Maestro IR Remote control dimmer from Home Depot... Just something to think about...
Thanks again!
Marius