4B SST 2 reprise

1ZIP

4B SST 2 reprise
« on: 21 May 2009, 02:18 am »
Several us over the past couple of months bought the 4B SST 2 and other components and within a few days offered up some impressions.  Now that several weeks have gone by, and probably many hours listening, I'm wondering what additional impressions could be shared.

For myself, I continue to be blown away by the detail, sound stage, dynamics and effortless production of sound.  Each evening I crank up the system and it's like discovering that fantastic sound all over again!  My friends come over and it's difficult to drag them out of the room.

BCD-1, BP-26, 4B SST 2, Bryston IC's, B&W Nautilus 805's

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
Re: 4B SST 2 reprise
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2009, 04:07 am »
Sounds great. However, I'm going for the 7Bs if making a new purchase.

werd

« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2009, 06:14 am »
Several us over the past couple of months bought the 4B SST 2 and other components and within a few days offered up some impressions.  Now that several weeks have gone by, and probably many hours listening, I'm wondering what additional impressions could be shared.

For myself, I continue to be blown away by the detail, sound stage, dynamics and effortless production of sound.  Each evening I crank up the system and it's like discovering that fantastic sound all over again!  My friends come over and it's difficult to drag them out of the room.

BCD-1, BP-26, 4B SST 2, Bryston IC's, B&W Nautilus 805's

Hey Folks

Zip go get the Torus. Thats all i have to say.....  :lol: I was under the impression that the Torus would benefit amps with bigger power. It didnt seem logical that the 4b (at around 3 amps) could be starving for power from the wall that delivers 15 amps. But i found out that there is something seriousily wrong with the power output from the wall and it does hold back power.

One impression i can share is how bored i am right now of looking through Audiogon. I am not as interested in gear anymore on audiogon ....  :lol:  Used to be interested and curious as how stuff would sound but the 4bsq and my bda1 has pretty much disengaged me from that site, dont really care anymore what other gear sounds like.

predrag

« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2009, 02:45 pm »
Werd, you hit the point with this one!
Satisfaction all over!
 :thumb:

danman

« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2009, 11:42 pm »
I feel the same way werd! I don't really care any more what other stuff sounds like. I really like what I have and some of my buddies that spent way more bucks than I did are a little jelous of my sound. I have a friend that bought some pretty expensive YBA and Focal gear and he thinks that he might of made a mistake. His speakers are really nice but sound kind of flat probably more from the YBA because I also used to own a pre amp madee by them that my BP20 blows away with much better dynamics and the 4bsst2 has better bass and power.

Overall, I am a very happy guy that got great service from Bryston and James and a sound that satisfies me totally.