When does the warranty actually start

Fernar

When does the warranty actually start
« on: 22 Jan 2009, 02:40 pm »
Not sure how important this is - likely not in the grand scheme of things....

I had my new 4BSST2 delivered today - not had a chance to plug it in and start it up yet - but reading the documentation I noticed that my dealer invoice dates when I actually paid for the amp (21st Nov '08) - but I only had the amp delivered today 22nd Jan '09 - so just over two months since I paid for the amp.. I also see that the final check for the amp was carried out on the 30th Dec. I am not concerned about the date between ordering and delivery - however with regards to the 20 year warranty - what date does the 20 year warranty start?

I know, I know - I hear people saying what difference does two months make when you have a 20 year warranty - but I would still like to know....

Anyone know how the warranty start date is worked out?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: When does the warranty actually start
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jan 2009, 03:30 pm »
Not sure how important this is - likely not in the grand scheme of things....

I had my new 4BSST2 delivered today - not had a chance to plug it in and start it up yet - but reading the documentation I noticed that my dealer invoice dates when I actually paid for the amp (21st Nov '08) - but I only had the amp delivered today 22nd Jan '09 - so just over two months since I paid for the amp.. I also see that the final check for the amp was carried out on the 30th Dec. I am not concerned about the date between ordering and delivery - however with regards to the 20 year warranty - what date does the 20 year warranty start?

I know, I know - I hear people saying what difference does two months make when you have a 20 year warranty - but I would still like to know....

Anyone know how the warranty start date is worked out?

Hi There,

The Date of Manufacture and final check out - so in this case Dec 30th.
But as I say to many customers "your" warranty will probably run out long before the Bryston warranty :lol:.

james

danman

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jan 2009, 04:29 pm »
After changing faceplates lastnight and having a really good look inside of my 4B-ST, I can vouch for that!!!!! These things are built to last no doubt. Incredible piece of engineering! :drool:

Fernar

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jan 2009, 12:08 am »
Well after spending an hour dismantling my current set up and another hours installing the 4BSST2 and rewiring all my equipment once again - Bryston 4BSST driving the front speaker and my trusty Tag McLaren 100x5R now assigned to driving the center and two rear speakers - I spent the best part of an hour listening to the 4BSST2... I dont know if the amp still needs 'breaking in' or not - but it sure sounds wonderful to me already - the bass is deeper - even at lowish volumes..! the soundstage is wider, however the imaging is as far as I can tell slightly less then I had with the Tags - but I dont know if the new amp will mean that I have to adjust my speakers (toe-in, etc) or if I still have to give the amp some time to settle in... or if this due to the fact that I used to have my speakers bi-amped and now it is a straight single amp + speaker configuration (haven't got to try bi-wiring yet to see if that makes any difference)

Can anyone shed any light as to if this the normal course of events that one goes through when install a new Bryston amp? - BTW just for reference the Tags are rated at 100w/channel - and has 5 channels available. I did have two of these channels driving each speaker in the bi-amp configuration - with the 4BSST I assume that I am in effect tripling the power available to me now... and am assuming that the load capability is more than a match for a pair of Tags..

Raimo

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jan 2009, 10:51 pm »
Well after spending an hour dismantling my current set up and another hours installing the 4BSST2 and rewiring all my equipment once again - Bryston 4BSST driving the front speaker and my trusty Tag McLaren 100x5R now assigned to driving the center and two rear speakers - I spent the best part of an hour listening to the 4BSST2... I dont know if the amp still needs 'breaking in' or not - but it sure sounds wonderful to me already - the bass is deeper - even at lowish volumes..! the soundstage is wider, however the imaging is as far as I can tell slightly less then I had with the Tags - but I dont know if the new amp will mean that I have to adjust my speakers (toe-in, etc) or if I still have to give the amp some time to settle in... or if this due to the fact that I used to have my speakers bi-amped and now it is a straight single amp + speaker configuration (haven't got to try bi-wiring yet to see if that makes any difference)

Can anyone shed any light as to if this the normal course of events that one goes through when install a new Bryston amp? - BTW just for reference the Tags are rated at 100w/channel - and has 5 channels available. I did have two of these channels driving each speaker in the bi-amp configuration - with the 4BSST I assume that I am in effect tripling the power available to me now... and am assuming that the load capability is more than a match for a pair of Tags..
Hallo.
I think you hear more imaging when you biamp or biwire,but it is a sameness problem.Everything you play will have a added space to the sound.I think your current set up is more true to the recording and you will hear more differences between different recordings.That to me is more interresting.
Best regards Raimo.

werd

« Reply #5 on: 21 Feb 2009, 07:38 pm »
From the time u first drop it .... :P

daffy

« Reply #6 on: 22 Feb 2009, 05:59 pm »

Same problem here, 2 months back i bought a b60-sst and bcd-1 and everything sounded better on the technical side,deeper bass completely in control , wider soundstage etc , but far less imaging than with my previous set.
I tried to tweak the whole with cables but in my opinion Bryston is almost "inmume"to cablechanges.
I contacted my dealer and tried the brystons on a range of different speakers but the shalow imaging remained. :dunno:
exept with a different amp (less specified than the b-60 sst watt's, dpf,thd, etc.) the soundstage/imaging grew notably and satisfied the emotional part of listening to music.

So i have a big problem, what to do, exit Bryston maybe :icon_frown:

daffy :wink:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 22 Feb 2009, 07:59 pm »

Same problem here, 2 months back i bought a b60-sst and bcd-1 and everything sounded better on the technical side,deeper bass completely in control , wider soundstage etc , but far less imaging than with my previous set.
I tried to tweak the whole with cables but in my opinion Bryston is almost "inmume"to cablechanges.
I contacted my dealer and tried the brystons on a range of different speakers but the shalow imaging remained. :dunno:
exept with a different amp (less specified than the b-60 sst watt's, dpf,thd, etc.) the soundstage/imaging grew notably and satisfied the emotional part of listening to music.

Hi Daffy,

I thought it turned out to be a phasing problem on the wiring to your speakers?

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=62236.msg571093#msg571093

Image placement and soundstage size has much much more to do with your speakers and their placement than an amplifier.

james

predrag

« Reply #8 on: 22 Feb 2009, 08:03 pm »
Hi Daffy,

Sad to hear this.
What are your speakers?
Sorry, read the other thread after. Still KEF´s?

daffy

« Reply #9 on: 22 Feb 2009, 08:47 pm »

Hi Daffy,

I thought it turned out to be a phasing problem on the wiring to your speakers?

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=62236.msg571093#msg571093

Image placement and soundstage size has much much more to do with your speakers and their placement than an amplifier.

james

hi James

Yes that was the first (big aa) step forward, but even after that the results are still a bit disappointing, as far as it goes in a (smaller european) livingroom i,ve played with the speakerplacement and things got a little better.

I tried different speakercables and rca's (after the solved phase problem :duh: )and noticed that the differences where far less obvious/much smaller than with other gear i used, and that the most common fig:8 speakercable performed best, i'm now using Canare 4S11 because it's easy to biwire with a mono lead.

http://www.canare.com/index.cfm?objectid=ED7479EC-3048-7098-AF06286428706042

The Kef speakers i use are known to be very ("pointsource") holographic, 3d, loads of space etc. you catch my drift :wink:
and they did with the Marantz pm14 mkII Ki so i know that they are capable of it.

Daffy :wink:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #10 on: 22 Feb 2009, 09:00 pm »
^ Hi Daffy,

I agree its not a burn in issue.  I really do not have an explaination other than I assume the other amplifiers your using are of similar power to the B60.

Obviously you have to go with what works for you in your setup but it is strange -I have never had a problem maintaining a percise stable image and large sound stage in any of my three setups at home or in the many demos I do at shows etc.

Strange indeed.

james

daffy

« Reply #11 on: 22 Feb 2009, 09:21 pm »
Maybe the Marantz is more comparable to the b-100 sst than to the b-60 ??? although the b-60 has more than enough juice to power the Kef's
11 o clockisch is the max volume (with older less compressed cd's ) otherwise 9-10 max.

how does the preamp in the b-100 stands to the pre amp of b-60 sst soundwise ? ( i can lend a 2b sst from my dealer to see what happens)

so maybe the next step is a b-100sst as intergrated

Daffy :wink: