Fry Kleaner to Receiver?

ABEX

Fry Kleaner to Receiver?
« on: 8 Nov 2003, 11:37 pm »
How would you hooke the FryKleaner Unit in order to Burn In a Receiver?

I am using a New Panasonic Receiver and want to get the Shrill Sound of the CD out if Possible.

Thanks!

mgalusha

Fry Kleaner to Receiver?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Nov 2003, 11:45 pm »
ABEX,

Just connect either set of the outputs to the CD inputs on the receiver and turn on the receiver and FryKleaner. If you have some 8R resistors to load the receiver with instead of speakers that would be nice, so you don't have to listen to it. :)

As for level, I don't think you need to run the amp real hard to break it in. Perhaps hook up the speakers and advance the volume to a reasonable l listening level then shut it down and connect some load resistors and let it cook for a few days. If you turn the power up too high it could overheat (both the amp and the load) and that would certainly not be good.   :?  I would try the middle (0dB) setting on the FryKleaner. This should provide a good strong signal without overloading the preamp section.

Mike G.

ABEX

Fry Kleaner to Receiver?
« Reply #2 on: 8 Nov 2003, 11:58 pm »
Thx,mgalusha!

One of my fears were that I might damage something!

The unit really sounds shrill thus far and I thought I would further the breakin period along.

I have heard chenging out the stock PC is a real help and I shall be trying that also.

Thx again!