Where is the best place to advertise?

analog97

« Reply #40 on: 4 Nov 2005, 02:31 pm »
A trumpet on steroids!!  There is a great marketing phrase!!  I have no difficulty accepting that your new product would be a killer, in terms of performance.  After building and living with your Cornet2 (with Auricap upgrades you recommended), you have more than amply won your case of price/performance at the level of somewhere around 2K retail.  I am guessing that a competitor like the EAR 834 has sold >1000-fold more units.  This is baffling!!  Again, I don't get it.   It seems that the key to retail success is to first get a great review, like the EAR did, and the Gram Slee products, then the middle-men line up to sell it, e.g. Music Direct/Audio Advisor/Acoustic Sounds/ Needle Doctor/etc.  You seem to be going against the grain, by having your own site and doing your own marketing.  Your success relies on a different path.  My personal bias is based on the Law of Diminishing Returns......I would bet that your Cornet2 design gets 85% of the Trumpet performance and the Trumpet gets 99% of anything priced at under 10K retail.  These price/performance "holes" in the market are created for the sole purpose of marketing illusion.  I have no doubt your designs are competitive with anything out there and that your are one skilled designer.  I ain't no dummy either, having published 125 peer-reviewed science papers (I don't know Jack about electronics, though my ears work dandy).  Just where on that asymptote will the "Trumpet on steroids" fall?  Best wishes.  I just can't believe how good my Cornet is, I guess I should call it a "Crumpet"...

peranders

« Reply #41 on: 9 Nov 2005, 02:57 pm »
Probably but only one of 1000 at the most....