What amplifier do you use with your Daedalus speakers?

advanced101

Re: What amplifier do you use with your Daedalus speakers?
« Reply #180 on: 6 Feb 2022, 01:47 pm »
Have an Air Tight 300r in the system now, using Elrog 300B-Mo & 5U4G.  They power my Daedalus Zeus.  Sounds fantastic, does slightly run out of steam when going crazy with the volume.  All the SET qualities that you would expect.  I wonder how a 40 Hz high pass on the Zeus, then upgrading my Bows to a bigger Double Bow tower would sound... Take some of the load off the 300r.  I'm experimenting now with some cheap 30 Hz High Pass FMODs.

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #181 on: 7 Feb 2022, 12:57 am »
Have an Air Tight 300r in the system now, using Elrog 300B-Mo & 5U4G.  They power my Daedalus Zeus.  Sounds fantastic, does slightly run out of steam when going crazy with the volume.  All the SET qualities that you would expect.  I wonder how a 40 Hz high pass on the Zeus, then upgrading my Bows to a bigger Double Bow tower would sound... Take some of the load off the 300r.  I'm experimenting now with some cheap 30 Hz High Pass FMODs.

I've done this before using a 6db slope (one capacitor in line), The concern is the quality of the cap as your entire signal is through that.
As for the BOW just give them more power or experiment with placement for maximum bass slam and definition. I don't foresee making any dual 12" BOW in the near future. Could happen in a couple of years but not now...

Poseidonfan

« Reply #182 on: 13 Jun 2022, 03:46 pm »
I use the Luxman MQ-300, with my Poseidons with very pleasing results. I had the pass XA 30.8, an amazing amp too but I wanted a tube amp. The luxury of having high sensitivity speakers

rbbert

« Reply #183 on: 14 Jun 2022, 12:18 am »
I use the Luxman MQ-300, with my Poseidons with very pleasing results. I had the pass XA 30.8, an amazing amp too but I wanted a tube amp. The luxury of having high sensitivity speakers
And the ability to go with a far more expensive amp  8)

Poseidonfan

« Reply #184 on: 20 Jun 2022, 03:11 am »
I use a Luxman MQ-300 with my Posiedons, it's beautiful synergy. Nice warm open sound, the 8 watts drive my speakers with such ease.