Bugle - Chassis

thinkoutsidethebox

Bugle - Chassis
« on: 26 Jun 2013, 03:36 pm »
Hey All,

I've scoured as many forums and posts regarding chassis for the Bugle, but I am still unable to find what I'm looking for.  Does anyone have any leads on a wider than required (i.e. about 16" wide), and as low in height as possible to accommodate the Bugle + Hagerman PS.  I'm looking for a brushed metal (black or dark silver) case that has either an LED on the front with on/off switch in the back or a LED-illuminated switch in the front and all other ports in the back.

Keeping the Bugle and PS separated to avoid interference and vibration is critical in the layout.  Do these DIY chassis usually come with standoff holes predrilled, or will I need to do that?

I'm fine with sourcing the chassis and front LED / illuminated switch separately as well.  Do the manufacturers usually pre-drill the holes in the front / rca & power connector in the back for you?

Any preferences for RCA jacks / cabling?

I appreciate any help that can be provided!

poty

Re: Bugle - Chassis
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2013, 06:34 am »
Does anyone have any leads on a wider than required (i.e. about 16" wide), and as low in height as possible to accommodate the Bugle + Hagerman PS.  I'm looking for a brushed metal (black or dark silver) case that has either an LED on the front with on/off switch in the back or a LED-illuminated switch in the front and all other ports in the back.
There are a lot of them beginning from the eBay sellers to Front Panel Express(http://www.frontpanelexpress.com/), ModuShop (http://www.modushop.biz/ecommerce/cat063_l2.php?n=1) and many-many other. There are two kind of chassis: predrilled for a typical usage or blank. Big firms can do drilling for you following your drawings.
Do these DIY chassis usually come with standoff holes predrilled, or will I need to do that?
Generally - no, but if you use customized top or bottom panels you can order the drilling separately. Some companies give you the possibility to add perforated inner panel to eliminate holes in the bottom, but it is rarely useful as is, because the distances between the holes usually do not equal the footprint of PCB mounting.