Khartago combo with preamp and speakers

guest1632

« on: 9 Nov 2003, 05:20 am »
Hello, was wondering about some information about the preamp that is offered? also, any further news on the crossover upgrades for the speakers? Thanks. $1500 good price. Now you just need a CD source to go with that combo.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2003, 03:14 pm »
The Etesian situation is interesting.  We've had to find a suited transformer for this "passive" unit,  and we finally did.  Nevermind that it's still 5 lbs on that unit,  but the price is right,  and it works flawless.

So,  with that we've had to change the final metal work,  and all in all,  it works beautiful.  The big discussion here was whether to use the Tempest knobs,  since this is $ 60. production cost in a $ 300.  unit,  but ultimately,  it looks best,  and that's also important to me.

We're already shipping Khartagos,  and the first Etesians will go out by the end of this week for the complete system purchases.  

Now,  the x-over upgrades will be done by Alain this month,  and I'll get a sample pair to check.  As for any pics of the complete system and all the new products,  I still haven't made it down to KY.  Unbelievably busy here,  but one of these days I have to.

Late,

Klaus

guest1632

« Reply #2 on: 13 Nov 2003, 03:35 am »
Quote from: klaus@odyssey
The Etesian situation is interesting.  We've had to find a suited transformer for this "passive" unit,  and we finally did.  Nevermind that it's still 5 lbs on that unit,  but the price is right,  and it works flawless.

So,  with that we've had to change the final metal work,  and all in all,  it works beautiful.  The big discussion here was whether to use the Tempest knobs,  since this is $ 60. production cost in a $ 300.  unit,  but ultimately,  it looks best,  and that's also important to me.

We're ...

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #3 on: 13 Nov 2003, 04:53 pm »
ROTFLMAO

MarkgM

« Reply #4 on: 13 Nov 2003, 07:53 pm »
Perhaps someone should talk to Akihide Fukui about this.  

http://www.funnyheck.com/transformer.html

guest1632

« Reply #5 on: 14 Nov 2003, 06:11 am »
Quote from: klaus@odyssey
ROTFLMAO