Michigan Wolverines

VinceT

Michigan Wolverines
« on: 9 Jan 2024, 03:51 pm »
I know we have a lot of Michigan members. Have to give a shout out to the Michigan Wolverines winning the National Championship.

All the sign steeling controversy aside, they had the best team in college football.

Peter J

• Hmmmm
Re: Michigan Wolverines
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jan 2024, 04:01 pm »
Even though I rooted for the Huskies, Michigan simply outplayed them. Michigan defense just stymied Penix. Couldn't figure out why he stayed in the last few minutes...obviously hurting. Read this morning that it was his choice to see it through and coaches let him continue.

Jeff_From_Michigan

« Reply #2 on: 9 Jan 2024, 04:07 pm »
Hail to the Victors!

Jeff_From_Michigan

« Reply #3 on: 9 Jan 2024, 04:28 pm »
Even though I rooted for the Huskies, Michigan simply outplayed them. Michigan defense just stymied Penix. Couldn't figure out why he stayed in the last few minutes...obviously hurting. Read this morning that it was his choice to see it through and coaches let him continue.

I expected a better performance from Penix after watching both Oregon games and the Sugar Bowl. I  wonder about what injuries he might have been dealing with - both in the midsection and from that cleat that he took to the ankle with the weight of two players coming down on it. Even arguably the best QB in the country needs to be at 100% to contend with that M defense. 

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #4 on: 9 Jan 2024, 05:05 pm »
I expected a better performance from Penix after watching both Oregon games and the Sugar Bowl. I  wonder about what injuries he might have been dealing with - both in the midsection and from that cleat that he took to the ankle with the weight of two players coming down on it. Even arguably the best QB in the country needs to be at 100% to contend with that M defense.

When they showed the replay of that ankle squash, I swear my ankle started hurting! Tough guy, but not 100% as you said. I've often thought that teams ebb and flow throughout a season. Seems M was at their peak and Huskies past theirs.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #5 on: 9 Jan 2024, 05:23 pm »
From Michigan but we're a house divided.  My two went to MSU, her youngest has two degrees from U/M.  Glad to see Michigan win for the sake of the state and the Big Ten.

Emil

« Reply #6 on: 9 Jan 2024, 05:52 pm »
Michigan Wolverines 2023 National Champions *

VinceT

« Reply #7 on: 9 Jan 2024, 05:57 pm »
Michigan Wolverines 2023 National Champions *

I dunno

Michigan beating Penn State and Ohio State without the coach on the sideline kinda puts that to bed. And we all know all teams watch signs, hence every coach covering their mouths when they talk.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #8 on: 9 Jan 2024, 06:53 pm »
I would have liked to see Michigan play Georgia which still might be the best team. 

Emil

« Reply #9 on: 9 Jan 2024, 06:57 pm »
I dunno

Michigan beating Penn State and Ohio State without the coach on the sideline kinda puts that to bed. And we all know all teams watch signs, hence every coach covering their mouths when they talk.

Sign stealing DURING a game is not the issue.
I don't think you know the full story. It's bizarre. especially when this Connor Stallion character was spotted on the Central Michigan sidelines dressed in their colors playing against Michigan State. Can't wait to hear the results of the NCAA investigation on that.

fridays

« Reply #10 on: 10 Jan 2024, 02:45 am »
Yep Michigan cheated their way to the National Championship

Randy

« Reply #11 on: 11 Jan 2024, 04:55 pm »
I would have liked to see Michigan play Georgia which still might be the best team.

Even Finebaum said M is better than Georgia.

Randy

« Reply #12 on: 11 Jan 2024, 04:57 pm »
Yep Michigan cheated their way to the National Championship

That's an umitigated lie.   The only people saying that are either delusional Spartoons or Bucknuts.
https://www.on3.com/teams/michigan-wolverines/news/the-ncaa-has-essentially-exonerated-michigan-in-acknowledging-no-competitive-advantage-from-sign-stealing/

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum

Emil

« Reply #14 on: 11 Jan 2024, 06:03 pm »
That's an umitigated lie.   The only people saying that are either delusional Spartoons or Bucknuts.
https://www.on3.com/teams/michigan-wolverines/news/the-ncaa-has-essentially-exonerated-michigan-in-acknowledging-no-competitive-advantage-from-sign-stealing/

So sign stealing -aka cheating- did occur but there was no competitive advantage?
I guess the investigation is over.

I believe what the NCAA is saying that there was no evidence in cheating for the game against Washington :D

So the cheating started in 2021 and Harbaugh was hired in 2015

2015 W10 L3  loss to OSU
2016 10 3  loss to OSU
2017 8 5  loss to OSU.
Screams for Harbaughs head begin
2018 10 3   loss to OSU
2019 9 4   loss to OSU
2020 Covid
Cheating starts
2021 12 2  win over OSU
Everyone loves Harbaugh
2022 13 1   win over OSU
2023 15 0   win over Osu
Harbaugh for President

Hmmmm. Coincidence?

Don't take anything personally. Just some friendly banter :icon_lol:

"Bustin' chops" as we used to say in Da Bronx

Randy

« Reply #15 on: 25 Jan 2024, 09:17 pm »

They LOST to Alabama, so by definition, they aren't the best team.