NFL 2022/23

jjss49

Re: NFL 2022/23
« Reply #40 on: 9 Nov 2022, 03:46 pm »
Stick a fork in the Bills ??

https://news.yahoo.com/allens-injury-puts-bills-super-234008772.html

the way they use him, the way he plays, taking on tacklers, it would be an absolute miracle he gets through 17 regular season games and several playoff games without being hurt

there is really only one dominant team in the league, they wear red...  and that head coach knows how to design and run an offense, provide his quarterback with run support and keep him upright

over the next couple months, we will see if the team in green is truly at that level

Mag

« Reply #41 on: 11 Nov 2022, 07:16 pm »
  Haven't seen every team play this season. But I was impressed watching Baltimore particularly Lamar Jackson the QB. He seems unstoppable to me and as long as he stays uninjured the team should do well. The QB for Buffalo is impressive as well, Josh Allan I believe his name is. The Eagles don't do anything out of the ordinary but win decisively.

That's my take so far. Not as knowledgeable on NFL as others of this forum but I enjoy watching a good game of Football though I'm not a fan of any particular team. :smoke:

rodge827

« Reply #42 on: 11 Nov 2022, 08:27 pm »
  I'm not a fan of any particular team. :smoke:

No biggie post here all you want your profile pic makes up for it  :eyebrows:

twitch54

« Reply #43 on: 11 Nov 2022, 10:23 pm »
the way they use him, the way he plays, taking on tacklers, it would be an absolute miracle he gets through 17 regular season games and several playoff games without being hurt

there is really only one dominant team in the league, they wear red...  and that head coach knows how to design and run an offense, provide his quarterback with run support and keep him upright

over the next couple months, we will see if the team in green is truly at that level

I hear ya, thing is Josh's injury happened while in the pocket. Regardless without him I don't see them going anywhere this year

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #44 on: 12 Nov 2022, 02:11 pm »
It's Saturday and the Bills still haven't declared who's starting at QB.  Vegas dropped the spread to 3.5 points so they think Keenam is starting, who's been a reliable backup for many years.  He doesn't have a great win loss record, but that's more on the teams he been with than his on field play.

And no one has mentioned Jeff Saturday being named interim head coach for the Colts.  Any thoughts?

charmerci

« Reply #45 on: 12 Nov 2022, 03:31 pm »

And no one has mentioned Jeff Saturday being named interim head coach for the Colts.  Any thoughts?

That team needs a real shake up. They'd probably be better off having Pat McAfee as interim coach! :lol: 
(If you don't know, you can find his show on YouTube.)

jjss49

« Reply #46 on: 12 Nov 2022, 04:23 pm »

That team needs a real shake up. They'd probably be better off having Pat McAfee as interim coach! :lol: 
(If you don't know, you can find his show on YouTube.)

mediocre qb and poor o-line - not sure if vince lombardi would make a difference if he rose from the grave

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #47 on: 13 Nov 2022, 11:56 am »
mediocre qb and poor o-line - not sure if vince lombardi would make a difference if he rose from the grave

Agreed, but making someone with absolutely zero experience coaching at the NFL level a head coach is insanity.  I think it's a real disservice to Saturday setting him up like that, as a well as well the other coaches on the team who've put in the years of work.  I could care less for Irsay or his team's success, but by all accounts Jeff is a good guy, I hate to see what's going to happen here.  Then again they could go undefeated and give us all the raspberry.

charmerci

« Reply #48 on: 13 Nov 2022, 02:54 pm »
Agreed, but making someone with absolutely zero experience coaching at the NFL level a head coach is insanity.  I think it's a real disservice to Saturday setting him up like that, as a well as well the other coaches on the team who've put in the years of work.  I could care less for Irsay or his team's success, but by all accounts Jeff is a good guy, I hate to see what's going to happen here.  Then again they could go undefeated and give us all the raspberry.

The prognosis is not good. However, everybody has had experience as a professional and the team has been together for the season so there is a small possibility that it MIGHT not be the train wreck we're expecting. But, I don't think anyone is going to bet their house on it!

twitch54

« Reply #49 on: 13 Nov 2022, 09:13 pm »
Bills suck (coaching/play calling), it's official !

charmerci

« Reply #50 on: 14 Nov 2022, 12:11 am »

The prognosis is not good. However, everybody has had experience as a professional and the team has been together for the season so there is a small possibility that it MIGHT not be the train wreck we're expecting. But, I don't think anyone is going to bet their house on it!

And someone who did bet on the Colts to win, got a pretty good payday! :o

FireGuy

« Reply #51 on: 14 Nov 2022, 01:41 am »
Bills suck (coaching/play calling), it's official !

Absolutely correct.  Fourth and 2 and a FG is the right call.  But, no!!  This will cost them home field for the playoffs.  Will also cost Sean McDermott at a legit shot at coach of the year.  I'm freaken sick.  Sick.  Breath. 

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #52 on: 14 Nov 2022, 03:16 am »
The greatest game of the season, Bills v Vikings!  Wow.  No dog in this fight other than my pool pick Minnesota, but what a finish.  Vikings win, no Bills win, no it's the Vikings, Bills, Vikings.  And that was before OT.  Should Buffalo taken a safety at the end of regulation?

rodge827

« Reply #53 on: 14 Nov 2022, 03:04 pm »
What a great day watching football! Bills Vikes game was one for the ages! Packers and Bucs might be getting back on track. Dak playing down to his abilities, wonder if Jerry is regretting that decision? Giants and Fins continue to surprise and KC is right where expected! Some great mid season drama for sure! Will the Commanders rise up and take down the Iggles tonight? Hope not but hey ya never know that’s why they play the games!

Big Red Machine

« Reply #54 on: 14 Nov 2022, 05:46 pm »

twitch54

« Reply #55 on: 14 Nov 2022, 06:28 pm »
Absolutely correct.  Fourth and 2 and a FG is the right call.  But, no!! 

even before it became 4th and 2, it was second and third and two, both times they passed, incomplete with no time running off the clock !!!!!

My 12 year old grandson asked me how someone as dumb as McDermott still holds a job. Sean McDermott is no more than Opie, he needs to go back to Mayberry RFD !!

JDoyle

« Reply #56 on: 15 Nov 2022, 12:40 am »
Pretty harsh twitch… and if you think about it, not a good observation really.
Bills had that game won and what happened? It took a couple of 4 down’s, a circus  catch, good luck, bad luck  or whatever… the Viking’s won, good for them.
I hope the Viking’s are proud of a total luck out win
I think the equivalent is winning the power ball… which is the real observation.

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
« Reply #57 on: 15 Nov 2022, 02:38 am »
The dolphins are impressive and looking pretty good..

rodge827

« Reply #58 on: 15 Nov 2022, 11:47 am »
Ouch! Tough game for the Iggles last night. Commanders offense did a stellar job with time of possession and scoring on a very good defense. Iggles offense made it difficult with turnovers. Hats off to the Commanders for handing the Iggles their first loss of the season.

twitch54

« Reply #59 on: 15 Nov 2022, 01:32 pm »
Pretty harsh twitch… and if you think about it, not a good observation really.
Bills had that game won and what happened? It took a couple of 4 down’s, a circus  catch, good luck, bad luck  or whatever… the Viking’s won, good for them.
I hope the Viking’s are proud of a total luck out win
I think the equivalent is winning the power ball… which is the real observation.

harsh ???? LOL, nonsense. if any team knows about 'having the game won' it's the Bills for crying out loud. Am I critical of them ? you bet, nobody on this board goes back further with the Bills then I do ............