SOLD: Folsom 7297 Amp

walkern

SOLD: Folsom 7297 Amp
« on: 10 Jul 2019, 09:13 pm »
SOLD!  Thanks Jim.  I've got too many amps, and have been seduced by a Nelson Pass room heater (just in time for summer in SoCal), so this one must go.
Originally built into a larger metal case using the standard t-former and Antipole power supply board, I could not quiet the transformer no matter how I mounted it or isolated it... so I bought an SMPS (adjustable... currently set at 24V) and plopped that and the amp module in a cute medium sized cigar box.  With this supply the whole set up is dead quiet, light weight, and compact.  I will gladly include the fully stuffed Antipole board and the original transformer with purchase, but I will not vouch for the transformer being anything but a vibrating noisemaker.  The cigar box enclosure is not metal, and the top can be propped up to let heat escape when in use.  The heat sinks are such that the amp never got hot while I was using it, but I did not crank it up to 11 either.  Read the lengthy write up here at AC for more details, and I can send more photos if you like.  Asking $180 plus shipping.

« Last Edit: 4 Aug 2019, 08:18 pm by walkern »

musicdre

• reality is the base
    • art site
Re: FS: Folsom 7297 Amp
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2019, 11:53 pm »
link or directions to the AC write-up on this amp?

thanks

walkern

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2019, 02:34 am »

walkern

« Reply #3 on: 2 Aug 2019, 03:16 pm »
Bump with lower price.