The NFL Season 2018-2019

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: The NFL Season 2018-2019
« Reply #140 on: 10 Dec 2018, 09:41 pm »
It wasn’t scripted for the Eagles to have an early opportunity to score! So the powers that be made it go away... :cuss:
So glad somebody else sees that the games are scripted (loosely) and that the entire thing is about entertainment with sport just being the reason we all showed up. The NFL, like any other cynical, greedy corporation, is all about maximizing the cash flow. If demographic studies indicate that touchdowns sell more beer, there will be more touchdowns. These products are manipulated like any other corporate product --- Profits over people at the expense of anything else that might be impacted. Your groceries get the same treatment. So does your air and water. No wonder we insist on having control over our music.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #141 on: 10 Dec 2018, 11:37 pm »
The obvious explanation is that the first time the Eagles played the Cowboys, there were NO penalties on the Eagles...none,  in spite of multiple tackles of Dallas defensive linemen.  So to screw things up equally...
I'm not a conspiracy type personality, but I am a huge believer in incompetence.  Ref's have been told to look the other way in the case of holding on the line, otherwise the games would never end. 

randytsuch

« Reply #142 on: 10 Dec 2018, 11:41 pm »
WOW....what a Sunday !

Could someone explain to me how the ruling on the fumble in the beginning of the Dallas / Eagles game went against the Birds ?
I was out and missed the beginning

They said "no clear recovery".
Ruled it was a fumble, but could not tell who recovered the ball, so Dallas kept the ball.

Ugly Sunday night game, painful to watch for me.

rodge827

« Reply #143 on: 11 Dec 2018, 12:35 am »
Ruled it was a fumble, but could not tell who recovered the ball, so Dallas kept the ball.

Yeah it was hard to see the ball with 4 midnight green jerseys blocking the refs view!

Riddle me this, at what point is a fumbled live ball in the field of play, blown dead?  :scratch:

twitch54

« Reply #144 on: 11 Dec 2018, 12:43 am »
Yeah it was hard to see the ball with 4 midnight green jerseys blocking the refs view!

Riddle me this, at what point is a fumbled live ball in the field of play, blown dead?  :scratch:

Exactly, this proves the game is fixed (yeah I know, my emotions are running amuck)..........I don't know that I've ever seen such utter BS in the NFL, granted Godell is a pathetic 'tool' of the owners but he's without doubt one gutless turd(yeah I can't stand him as well), and that wasn't the only play those striped shirted morons blew .............

the first game I watched(for the most part) since the Super Bowl, perhaps I jinxed the Birds.

As for the other Pa team, they continue their slide backwards as well, coach lost control of the team ??

twitch54

« Reply #145 on: 11 Dec 2018, 12:45 am »

Great game .........'Da Bears !!

firedog

« Reply #146 on: 11 Dec 2018, 09:03 am »

Because that's the way the rule is written: they have to be able to see which individual "player" recovered the ball. Since the camera angle didn't show that, the ruling on the field stands. Stupid, but that's the way the rule is written.

On the other hand, the Eagles were largely dominated and outplayed on both sides of the ball and didn't deserve a victory against a clearly better team.  Sorry, but that's how I saw it.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #147 on: 11 Dec 2018, 10:20 am »
Parity uber alles. Last place teams upsetting contenders on a regular basis and dynasties crumbling everywhere. What the hell!. Just remember it's entertainment, not sports. It just feels empty to me these days. Does anything have any meaning anymore?

Get ready for the Arizona/Cleveland Super Bowl next season.

twitch54

« Reply #148 on: 11 Dec 2018, 09:26 pm »
Because that's the way the rule is written: they have to be able to see which individual "player" recovered the ball. Since the camera angle didn't show that, the ruling on the field stands. Stupid, but that's the way the rule is written.

On the other hand, the Eagles were largely dominated and outplayed on both sides of the ball and didn't deserve a victory against a clearly better team.  Sorry, but that's how I saw it.

thanks fro the explanation firedog, again showing how stupid these morons really are for when a fumble is recovered the ref never calls out the individual, rather the 'team' ! I suspect these rules were written by a collective group of brain dead lawyers ...............

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #149 on: 18 Dec 2018, 04:23 am »

Yomaha

« Reply #150 on: 18 Dec 2018, 02:33 pm »

WhoDat!  The defense was really impressive last night.  At times I actually felt better having them on the field...I don't think I've ever said that in the last 10 years.  I had a feeling Drew & Co. would figure it out eventually....division games are always brutal.   

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #151 on: 19 Dec 2018, 03:35 am »
WhoDat!  The defense was really impressive last night.  At times I actually felt better having them on the field...I don't think I've ever said that in the last 10 years.  I had a feeling Drew & Co. would figure it out eventually....division games are always brutal. 

Yes, the Saints' D won that game for the Team; no question about it. I sure hope Max Unger is okay.

Mag

« Reply #152 on: 19 Dec 2018, 03:52 pm »
Okay, we are coming down to the playoffs. I try to watch each team at least once to evaluate their chance at getting to the Super Bowl. Mind you, I'm not an expert as some of you, but I see no clear favorite. New England's two recent losses prove they can be beat, but certainly can't count 'em out. Other teams like the Steelers are battling hard to make the playoffs and coming on strong. It's good to see Chicago have a contender, think their running back is really good. Without him they won't win.

So there you have it, IMO the Super Bowl is up for grabs which should make for very exciting playoffs. However the best games to watch maybe the next two weeks. I find playoff football can be a let down compared to regular season games with teams battling to make the cut.

FireGuy

« Reply #153 on: 19 Dec 2018, 04:05 pm »

rodge827

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #155 on: 19 Dec 2018, 06:23 pm »
You Iggles fans aren't handling "The Collapse" very well at all.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #156 on: 21 Dec 2018, 05:19 pm »
@rodge827

I’m sure you’ve seen Chris Long’s locker but I’m wondering what the local media and fans are saying about Foles coming in last week and making the Eagles look like the team that won the SB last year. Losing faith in Wentz?

twitch54

« Reply #157 on: 21 Dec 2018, 09:44 pm »
Okay, we are coming down to the playoffs. I try to watch each team at least once to evaluate their chance at getting to the Super Bowl. Mind you, I'm not an expert as some of you, but I see no clear favorite. New England's two recent losses prove they can be beat, but certainly can't count 'em out. Other teams like the Steelers are battling hard to make the playoffs and coming on strong. It's good to see Chicago have a contender, think their running back is really good. Without him they won't win.

So there you have it, IMO the Super Bowl is up for grabs which should make for very exciting playoffs. However the best games to watch maybe the next two weeks. I find playoff football can be a let down compared to regular season games with teams battling to make the cut.

Don't forget about those Chargers, not to mention they have a couple players come back off injuries this coming week, should be interesting this weekend against the Ravens .......

my Super Bowl 'hopefuls' this year    Bears vs. Colts or Chargers. Frank Reich has done a nice job in Indy, it's obvious that the Eagles offense misses him

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #158 on: 21 Dec 2018, 09:56 pm »
I want to see a Saints - Chargers finale.

Drew Brees vs. Phillip Rivers.

Go Saints!

rodge827

« Reply #159 on: 23 Dec 2018, 06:03 pm »
@rodge827

I’m sure you’ve seen Chris Long’s locker but I’m wondering what the local media and fans are saying about Foles coming in last week and making the Eagles look like the team that won the SB last year. Losing faith in Wentz?

Nope never saw the picture of Long's locker...Hey, whatever works for him!

Everyone is fine with Foles and realize the position we are in. The defense had a huge impact in the Rams game which helped to open up the offense some. Not too many questioning the decision made to bring back Wentz. 

No, not losing faith in Wentz, but I always felt he was brought back too soon. The biology on his surgery is 18 months for full healing.  With proper conditioning and rehab yes he could play sooner but you can't force that which takes time to heal. There were some moments of the electric Wentz but only moments nothing steady. His numbers were actually on par with last years but the wins just didn't come. Mostly due to multiple injuries on both sides of the ball.

It's been an interesting year and we have a chance at making the playoffs but I doubt it! The Eagles have to win out and need help from the Cowboys. The schedule is on the Boys' favor and my guys will most likely be making an early exit.

Chris