Herbies Way excellent mat for SL-1200, in conjunction with SDS Mat

starkiller

Was wondering which Herbies mat to be used in conjunction with the SDS Isoplatmat?  The SDS mat will be the 295mm one....thanks! :green:

low.pfile

I have this recipe myself.

But I just looked at my email receipt and can't tell which size Herbies mat I have. so I measured it with a less than ideal tape measure... it seems my Herbies mat is about 2mm smaller per side than my SDS Mat. http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=1484

it seems you have either a 295 or 292mm options, since you have the 295mm SDS. the vinyl album will extend beyond the 295mm SDS. Also, note that the black section of the Herbies mat is the album contact area so the wider the better, since it doesn't reach the edge of the mat.

starkiller

Hmm, Les at SDS says the usual one for the SL-1200 is the 285mm but I have read that most folks use the 295MM..???

low.pfile

....285mm is likely because the standard platter has a recess to receive the mat. so that would fit into into it. I chose to ignore the recess pocket, as the SDS is so rigid it can just rest on the outer lip of the platter.

starkiller

Ah, thats what I thought..am also in touch with the folks at KAB to make sure..the SDS guys want to double check with me before mailing one out..also, 'splain to make real nice and slow since i can be rather slow at times--which Herbies to get for on top of the SDS?

starkiller

No other thoughts from folks?