SPATIAL AUDIO - X1 UNIWAVE INTRODUCTION

richidoo

Re: SPATIAL AUDIO - X1 UNIWAVE INTRODUCTION
« Reply #180 on: 27 Jun 2017, 08:22 pm »
Agree that the production model is visually stunning... great job on the form factor, Clayton... hearkens back to Evett & Shaw days of the Elan and the gorgeous Flatte amp.  Ken Askew

Hey Ken!  :wave:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #181 on: 27 Jun 2017, 08:30 pm »
All,

I forgot to post here regarding the LAAS Show, where the production Spatial Audio X1s made their official sonic debut:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=150692.0

Cheers!

Vinnie

ohmboy

« Reply #182 on: 28 Jun 2017, 02:15 am »
Howdy!  Thanks for the welcome.
Wandered away from these pages quite a while ago... been through several systems & glad to wander back. 
I'm now enthusiastically in the fold of OB and especially OB servo bass (currently happily running the Spatial Lumina Be).  Big fan of Clayton.  :D

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor

George Jackson

• Restricted
« Reply #184 on: 4 Jul 2017, 07:07 am »
 It sounds cool! Can't wait to hear it!

TimS

« Reply #185 on: 10 Jul 2017, 05:05 am »
I think the German HiFi magazine Stereoplay did a review of the X1 a few weeks back in the June issue. Any chance of posting a translation here, Clayton?
Thanks

Spatial Audio

« Reply #186 on: 10 Jul 2017, 12:07 pm »
There is an English version of the review on the home page of our website:  www.spatialaudio.us

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!

nfnc

« Reply #188 on: 11 Jul 2017, 06:57 am »
Can't help thinking that it might have been better if they had used the Vinnie Rossie solution (as an example) instead of mixing and matching a Unison hybrid and a Brinkmann.

Then again, some might want to use a SET for the uniwave and a SS for the bass...

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #189 on: 2 Aug 2017, 03:33 pm »
This LAAS Show Coverage page was just posted yesterday by Robert E. Greene of The Absolute Sound:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/a-quick-tour-of-the-la-audio-show-with-reg/

Clayton Shaw presented a new (to me) speaker dubbed the Spatial Audio X1 Uniwave. This is a dipole bass plus wave-guided compression driver operating from 300Hz up, bi-amped (the compression driver’s sensitivity is so much higher than the dipole bass’ that only bi-amping makes sense). Driven by Vinnie Rossi’s electronics, the speaker gave a depiction of orchestral sound of truly remarkable realism. I cannot recall any show demo ever that sounded more like an orchestra than this, and there have been few that were its equal. In a moderately large room—the exhibit was in a suite-sized room—this system was producing both truthful timbres and a stunning sense of the recording venue’s actual space on one of my perennial test CDs, Rachmaninoff Symphonic Dances, Dallas, Mata conducting on ProArte (not the dry-as-dust Johanos-conducted Dallas recording). I have heard this recording many, many times on many systems. This was one of the best, with a really surprising sense of the spatial and sonic scale of an orchestra—what I personally think of as the “Wednesday night” experience (Wednesday nights being when the orchestra I play in rehearses). And, as mentioned, one really felt transported to the acoustics of the recording venue. The speakers sounded natural and convincing on smaller-scale music as well. Harnoy/Dussek’s Schubert Arpeggione Sonata (cello and piano, on RCA) was bewitching in its tonal naturalness and spatial realism as well. At $14,000 a pair ($17,500 in wood finish), these X1 Uniwaves offer so much that one has to consider them a real bargain as well as masterpieces on their own, independent of price, if I can go by my vivid first impressions. (I was fascinated and went back several times.) This system may be a bit difficult to find for audition at first, until it becomes as established as it deserves to be. But meanwhile, as the Michelin travel guides say of their top-rated things to see (or in this case, to hear), it is “worth a journey.” (Pending editorial approval you can expect a review.)

Thanks for visiting (multiple times), REG, and thanks for posting your impressions!  8)

Vinnie

KLH007

« Reply #190 on: 2 Aug 2017, 06:26 pm »
Congratulations, Vinnie & Clayton!

targa02

« Reply #191 on: 2 Aug 2017, 06:35 pm »
Wow!  What a review!

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #192 on: 2 Aug 2017, 10:13 pm »
Wow!  What a review!
Especially coming from Robert Greene, an exceedingly knowledgable, thorough, experienced and insightful analyst.
If I were in this market (i.e., if I could afford them!), I would buy sight unseen on the basis of that review and my opinion of R.E.G.

Chris Adams

« Reply #193 on: 2 Aug 2017, 10:41 pm »
Especially coming from Robert Greene, an exceedingly knowledgable, thorough, experienced and insightful analyst.
If I were in this market (i.e., if I could afford them!), I would buy sight unseen on the basis of that review and my opinion of R.E.G.

I agree! Now I'm really glad I have a pair on order.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #194 on: 3 Aug 2017, 01:03 am »
Thanks, guys!   :beer:

We'll have the LIO DHT Integrated (with X1 AMP module) + SPATIAL X1's at the RMAF show this October.  I hope to
see many of you AC'ers there!

Vinnie

NavyDoc

• Virabus mari victoria
« Reply #195 on: 3 Aug 2017, 01:06 pm »

Exactly what I was thinking. Robert Greene is one of the few reviewers I would trust enough to make a blind purchase.

Would love to hear the X1 - Lio combo.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #196 on: 3 Aug 2017, 01:07 pm »
I would never purchase speakers blind.  Been there, done that.  Never ever again.   :nono:

targa02

« Reply #197 on: 4 Aug 2017, 08:19 pm »
I agree! Now I'm really glad I have a pair on order.

Me too!  Along with the LIO, I am very excited to have this set up in my living room!   :drool:

RLRB

« Reply #198 on: 23 Sep 2017, 04:33 pm »
Hello jtwrace.

is still available the bent tap??

thnks

tme110

« Reply #199 on: 6 Dec 2017, 11:18 pm »
Anyone know the thread size of the footers?