MARASCHINO 60V

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
MARASCHINO 60V
« on: 2 Jul 2014, 05:29 pm »
NOW TAKING PRE-ORDERS FOR 60V MARASCHINO !

If interested, send a PM or email Support@DigitalAmp.com.

These will likely go fast.  The 60V version is definitely the next level in sound.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
Re: MARASCHINO 60V
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jul 2014, 06:15 pm »
This is for the amps AND power supplies.  We also have a special deal for those who have purchased Maraschinos with 48V power supplies......

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #2 on: 9 Jul 2014, 12:01 pm »
First lot now allocated.  We are extending this until the end of the month.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #3 on: 1 Aug 2014, 07:13 pm »
Getting there:

Only silk left to do.....

Still taking pre-orders.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #4 on: 7 Aug 2014, 07:40 pm »
Getting there:

Only silk left to do.....

Still taking pre-orders.

Full version due in two weeks.  Still taking pre-orders for this bundled pack:
 KING 60V Desktop Maraschino Amplifier (PAIR, Bundle #10)
   (2) 60 Volt Power Supply (120VAC)
   (2) Ultra Low Impedance DC_SNAKE cable
   (2) Desktop Maraschino Amplifier, Black Top, Marble Base, WBT GOLD Posts
   (2) RCA-to-XLR Adapter
   (2) AC Line Cord (120VAC)

Customization available.  This is one AMAZING pair of amplifiers!

Blu99Zoomer

« Reply #5 on: 20 Aug 2014, 10:56 pm »
Hi AmpDesigner333,

Just did some reading on the Kickstarter project you have going.  Good luck!  How does this version differ from the Kickstarter 60v. unit?  Thanks.

Blu99Zoomer

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #6 on: 20 Aug 2014, 11:26 pm »
Hi AmpDesigner333,

Just did some reading on the Kickstarter project you have going.  Good luck!  How does this version differ from the Kickstarter 60v. unit?  Thanks.

Blu99Zoomer
The Kickstarter project is about the "hanging Maraschino", a.k.a. "In-Line Maraschino", which can be used to make your speaker wires practically non-existent.  The 60V pre-order deal we have going is for the Desktop Maraschino described here (includes performance measurements):
https://www.digitalamp.com/MARA_INTRO_MAR_2014_60V.pdf

Internally, the Desktop Maraschino and the In-Line Maraschino are nearly identical.  Measured performance confirms this.

Thanks for your kind post!

-Tommy O

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #7 on: 6 Sep 2014, 04:34 pm »
We are now building 60V supplies in full swing.  In case you're interested.......

As we enter the last day of our Kickstarter campaign, we cannot say enough to express our gratitude to our backers!

For the last day only, we added a "procrastinator's special" 60V Desktop Maraschino reward at $2750 (regularly $3800).

The Kickstarter link:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/378044010/in-line-maraschino

bellavita

« Reply #8 on: 6 Sep 2014, 06:20 pm »
Took delivery of a single 60v supply last week.I emailed Tommy the following and thought I would post it here.The first email was shortly after hooking it up.The second was several days later.

Tommy,

The 60v is like removing a veil from how I heard the music with the dual 48v.Just sounds clearer.Not that it was a slouch before but NOW it is WOW!...Carol heard it straight away listening to June Tabor and the Oysterband live in Germany.The 60v is a keeper.

Tommy,

Goose Bumps...yeah I got 'em listening to Yemen Blues recorded live 2011 in Germany.We are at the mercy of well recorded stuff and I have lots of various types of music that is live and well recorded...the way I like it.Have listened to this particular Yemen Blues lots of times and it always moves me...but now it is even better with the 60v.As I said in my last email to you NOW it is WOW!

Enjoy it all...

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #9 on: 8 Oct 2014, 12:40 am »
Clement Perry of Stereo Times says this regarding the switch to a single 60V power supply versus dual 48V power supplies:

"I find the differences to be mild but certainly obvious. The sound is slightly more liquid and fluid. There's a greater sense of ease as well.... I like it."

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #10 on: 9 Oct 2014, 06:46 pm »

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #11 on: 29 Oct 2014, 03:02 am »
Brief update from Dany:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=122893.msg1371940#msg1371940

"I didn't find the time yet to compare them to the 48V supplies but first impressions are very good!
Same detail in the highs and they are even more refined in the lower mid and lower regions now to. And the flow in the music seem to be improved to."

Thanks, Dany.  We look forward to your next update.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #12 on: 3 Nov 2014, 09:01 pm »
Update from Dany on 60V vs 48V....

"Well, i guessed my first positive observations about the 60V power supplies wouldn't be that easy to pinpoint in a comparison when i compared those to the 48V power supplies. To my suprise it was actually easy! I didn't have to change from the 60V supply to the 48V supply again and again (as with some other upgrades from other brands) to know what a difference it makes. Making this review easy to me.
I first played with the 60V supply and then switched to the laptop style 48V supply. I wasn't prepared for the difference it makes. While the 48V supply on the Maraschinos was very good, it seemed i missed a little bit of weight to the music when i switched to those again. The 60V supply gave me that. I could live with that alone but there was more!! first thing that strikes is that there was way more depth in the music. Especially bass notes and mids were so natural and with even more fluidity then before. Switching back to the 48V supply again and the same recordings (at the same volume of course) seemed a bit flatter and less organic. With some adjusting on the ears i loved the 48V supply again, i actually could live with it. The Maraschinos with the 48V supplies are still very good. When i switched once more to the 60V supply it was obvious that paying that bit more for the 60V supplies is a good  upgrade soundwise. A few more jazzy songs were played before i called it a day and it was obvious that the mood in the music gave a bit more warmth. And low notes were nicely controlled leaving voices in the middle of the soundstage. The layers in music were even more organised and lifting that veil that makes every nuance come through. Gosh, i never took for granted these 60V power supplies could do that, but they just did.
Since i listened in the evening i didn't bother taking pictures between the different power supplies. I will  take a few during daylight and post these because not only soundwise it is an upgrade, they also look nice and have a quality finish to.
Conclusion: The 60V power supply adds to the benefits of class D amplification on the Maraschinos. Mixed with the organic nature of tube amps makes it is really worthwhile. Not only hard to drive speakers benefit from these supplies."

Link:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=122895.msg1373266#msg1373266

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #13 on: 8 Apr 2015, 02:57 am »
If you own 48V Maraschinos, check out the DUAL 60V upgrade deal here:
http://kck.st/1EKKHSt

Check out the "rewards" section.

A little more than 3 days left on the project, so get in before it's too late.  Orders from the Kickstarter will be shipped before orders outside the program.

By the way, there's a sweet deal on a pair of demo desktop Maraschinos in there.  Only one pair available!

Thanks to Seth for adding the cable deal (see http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=133137.msg1418883#msg1418883)!

-Tommy O

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #14 on: 10 Apr 2015, 09:08 pm »
We have reached our Funding Goal!

....but we're not stopping there.  Still lots of Amplifier Goodies up for grabs:
http://kck.st/1EKKHSt

There is a very special deal tucked in the rewards.  See if you can spot it (hint: Desktop).

We're thinking about stretch goals.  Something like "If we make it to $20,000, we will....".   Any ideas ?

Thanks as always to our AWESOME backers!

-Tommy O

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #15 on: 8 Sep 2015, 02:56 pm »

GregC

« Reply #16 on: 11 Sep 2015, 12:13 am »
I started with the 48v power supplies and upgraded to the 60v supplies with my Maraschino inline amps.  As good as the 48v supplies are, the 60v supplies are even better.  They are more dynamic and resolving than the 48v supplies, yet maintain a sense of ease and naturalness.  I have never heard my system sound better.  Kudos to Tommy, he has a product for which he can be proud.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #17 on: 12 Sep 2015, 03:45 pm »