Music as a Weapon

Mag

Music as a Weapon
« on: 26 May 2020, 02:52 pm »
Believe it or not music is being used as a weapon in war to interrogate prisoners or demoralize enemy troops. Almost any music can be used like, Sesame Street to Heavy Metal rock. Music is generally played loud continuously for up to 72 hours.

Okay, so what song/music in your collection would you use to as a weapon? It's gotta be music you listen to at least occasionally.

I nominate- Bass in Your Face.

MttBsh

Re: Music as a Weapon
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2020, 03:26 pm »
This is not unprecedented:

On Christmas Day, 1989, Panamanian strongman General Manuel Noriega had holed himself up in the Vatican's embassy in Panama City, after President George Bush Senior invaded Panama.
Noriega was facing a US indictment for drug-trafficking, as well as claims he had rigged the 1989 election. The embassy was surrounded by US troops, but he refused to give himself up.

The US army decided to use psychological warfare - by blasting a wall of sound non-stop outside. A fleet of Humvees mounted with loudspeakers rolled in, and rock music rolled out.I Fought The Law by The Clash, Panama by the stadium rock band Van Halen, U2's All I Want Is You, and Bruce Cockburn's If I Had A Rocket Launcher. Guns'N'Roses and The Doors both played starring roles.

Personally, I would just blast AC/DC until the person could take no more. For me personally, one or two songs by them would do the trick.

Don_S

« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2020, 03:33 pm »
Edited for  brevity.

Personally, I would just blast AC/DC until the person could take no more. For me personally, one or two songs by them would do the trick.

If they even threatened playing AC/DC I would surrender.  :surrender:

Jazzman53

• Jazzman's DIY Electrostatic Loudspeaker Page
    • Jazzman's Electrostatic Loudspeaker Page
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2020, 03:54 pm »
Slim Whitman exploded the Martian's heads --- a couple of tunes would do the same for me. 

jcsperson

« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2020, 06:13 pm »
When I was in the Navy I had the dubious privilege of going through SERE school*. Part of the simulation was having "music" piped at high volume 24 hours a day into your cell. One I distinctly remember is this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGkyhaMdpto

*https://www.businessinsider.com/heres-what-its-like-at-sere-training-2014-12

rockadanny

« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2020, 07:06 pm »
Kenny G would make anyone surrender.  :D

Scroof Neachy

• I like to smell stuff
« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2020, 07:43 pm »
A healthy dose of Mac Davis would do me in quickly.

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #7 on: 26 May 2020, 08:24 pm »

I just jumped out the window.

https://youtu.be/ftbdYZjWqaw

Scroof Neachy

• I like to smell stuff
« Reply #8 on: 26 May 2020, 09:37 pm »
I saw her “perform” in the real Plastic Ono Band in 1969 at the Toronto Rock n’ Roll Revival. I still haven’t recovered.  :cry:

Brettio

« Reply #9 on: 26 May 2020, 10:11 pm »
Repeatedly playing anyone and everyone that’s on my 15 year old daughters Spotify playlist should be considered a weapon of mass destruction.