LampizatOr is coming to Capital Audiofest (Aug 28-30)

Gopher

I wanted to let those of you who were interested in hearing LampizatOr equipment in action, that we will have two exhibits at the upcoming Capital Audiofest show.

In Monroe room we will be showing our universally praised Big 7 DAC with volume control. Our room partners will be Salk Audio with their giant killer Exoctica 3s, Wells Audio showing their delicious Innamorata Signature and Gingko representing their isolation devices as well as incredible Danacables.

In the headphone area we will be showing one of our Level 4 DACs along with one of Wells incredible headphone amplifiers and danacables headphone cables.

Please come by and give us a listen.

Fred

P.S. Check back with this thread as I will be listing some awesome show specials you won't want to miss!

Gopher

Re: LampizatOr is coming to Capital Audiofest (Aug 28-30)
« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2015, 03:28 pm »
Excellent guys. The room is a tried and true line up and will not disappoint!

As promised we've got some VERY exciting show specials:

First up we have a beautiful Golden Gate demo unit with volume control, single ended outputs. This unit will come with EML rectifier, 6a3 tubes and is in *mint* condition. It is the exact unit pictured below:

Retail pricing for this model is $17,600 and it is offered as a mint demo with 5 year transferable warranty for $12,500.

Second up we have a Lite 7 with black face ready for immediate shipment. This unit was used in my (distributor's) own home as I awaited the build of my own Golden Gate DAC. It is in perfect condition and is barely burned in. Retail pricing of this awesome DAC is $5250 with a price increase planned after the summer. This is your opportunity to catch a nice discount on the DAC and make it yours for $4800. This is a steal!

Last up we can take a non-refundable deposit on Balanced Big 7 with volume control and DSD256. This unit will be available for shipment on October 5, 2015 after it is used in our system at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. This is a truly fine specimen of what LampizatOr's sound is all about. Retail pricing on this piece is $12,650 and it is being offered as a demo unit with full 5 year transferable warranty for $9500.

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2015, 07:16 pm »
I wanted to let those of you who were interested in hearing LampizatOr equipment in action, that we will have two exhibits at the upcoming Capital Audiofest show.

In Monroe room we will be showing our universally praised Big 7 DAC with volume control. Our room partners will be Salk Audio with their giant killer Exoctica 3s, Wells Audio showing their delicious Innamorata Signature and Gingko representing their isolation devices as well as incredible Danacables.

In the headphone area we will be showing one of our Level 4 DACs along with one of Wells incredible headphone amplifiers and danacables headphone cables.

Fred

P.S. Check back with this thread as I will be listing some awesome show specials you won't want to miss!

Fred - will be checking it out - thanks for attending.

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #3 on: 17 Aug 2015, 09:32 pm »

Fred

Hey Fred,
Looking forward to seeing you & Rob there!  :thumb:

Cheers,
Pete

Gopher

« Reply #4 on: 28 Aug 2015, 02:10 am »
Last reminder before AC goes down!

Berto

« Reply #5 on: 9 Sep 2015, 12:10 am »

Salk, Wells, LampizatOr, Ginko, And DanaCable
A beautiful room in every way, sonics, scenery, and people! Is there a nicer couple at shows than Jim and Mary Salk? They had to tackle a big, live room and after four hours, and with the help of Vinh Vu and Norm Ginsburg of Ginko Audio, got a handle on it. An impromptu use of stacked folding tables behind the speakers draped with cloth was the finishing touch helping to allow a rock solid center image. The center image was so engaging that many guests were forced to look under the folding tables to assure themselves a center speaker wasn't hiding underneath the cloth. A Salk StreamPlayer $1495, fed a Lampizator Big 7 DAC/Preamp $10,500, a Wells Innamorata amp $7000, and Salk's Exotica 3 towers $12.995/pr. finished the system. All of their hard work paid off in big dividends, sensational soundstage wider than the speakers with tremendous depth. The Exotica 3 towers use SEAS Exotic drivers with Alnico magnets, and servo aided twin 8" self-powered subs developed with Brian Ding of Rythmik to bring a 92dB/W/m sensitivity to the plate, hello tube amps. The atmosphere and sound made this room an oasis to just relax and listen to music. The system did it all, big dynamic contrasts, stupendous bass power and depth, great tone and body, detailed and musical. Jennifer Warnes "Famous Blue Raincoat" was special, voices here were wonderful. Michael Hedges Rickover's "Dream" had the explosive live dynamics I expected, and the guitar sounded like it was in the room. Jim played at levels that were loud enough, but not over the top 'mine will play louder than yours' and he knows how to get the most from a system. I only heard the Exotica 3s playing even though I stopped in half a dozen times, didn't matter, the system with the E3s was spectacular.

sfox7076

« Reply #7 on: 10 Sep 2015, 01:25 pm »
Hopefully this will kick start some sales for all involved.  I love the combination in my home (note that I do not use Wells Audio amps.  I have my home brew 1625 amps).  The Salk's are so smooth, but you don't have any detail loss.  With the Golden Gate, I am observing some different sound with output tubes I have known and loved.  I have to relisten to them all and also swap rectifiers.  I also have to make sure to let them warm up for 10 minutes before testing as tubes like the WE 300Bs need the time to get to full operating capacity.  Regardless, I still think I put WE at the top of my list, but the order may have shifted.  The Brimar 6A3s are still very interesting to me.  I am trying to figure out where they fit.  They are unlike any other 6A3 I have ever seen and they sound different as well.  Did Lukasz change the power supply in the GG?

Shawn

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #8 on: 10 Sep 2015, 01:50 pm »
Did Lukasz change the power supply in the GG?

Shawn

According to the 6 moons review he did but the reviewer was talking in reference to the level 7 not specifically the Big 7 on page 4 I believe. On page 3 he describes what's under the hood.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/lampizator/1.html

"Next in line was my Level 7. The main build differences between it and the Golden Gate include capacitors, rectifier tubes, PCBs and the power supply."

wisnon

« Reply #9 on: 10 Sep 2015, 02:42 pm »
Hopefully this will kick start some sales for all involved.  I love the combination in my home (note that I do not use Wells Audio amps.  I have my home brew 1625 amps).  The Salk's are so smooth, but you don't have any detail loss.  With the Golden Gate, I am observing some different sound with output tubes I have known and loved.  I have to relisten to them all and also swap rectifiers.  I also have to make sure to let them warm up for 10 minutes before testing as tubes like the WE 300Bs need the time to get to full operating capacity.  Regardless, I still think I put WE at the top of my list, but the order may have shifted.  The Brimar 6A3s are still very interesting to me.  I am trying to figure out where they fit.  They are unlike any other 6A3 I have ever seen and they sound different as well.  Did Lukasz change the power supply in the GG?

Shawn

Mundorf input caps for the PSU, I think.

Did you try Brimar 5z4 recti? I am hearing good things.

Never did see a Brimar 6a3. Any pix?

sfox7076

« Reply #10 on: 10 Sep 2015, 03:08 pm »
Yes.  It's an OK rectifier.  I put it 5th or 6th on my list.  Well below the 274B.

Here you go:

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #11 on: 13 Sep 2015, 05:21 pm »
Fred

We did not get a chance to meet, but I did spend some time in the room at CAF this year.  It was a post in the forum just before the show, in which was said that your DAC 'blew away' the member's previously used Tranquility SE that got my attention.  I'm a happy owner of the Tranquility SE and, being very familiar with this DAC, that sounded like a bold order to fill.  I did not have a chance to critically listen with familiar music at the show, but from what I did get to hear, there was truly some very good sound coming from your gear.  I was kind of taken back by your build quality as well - your stuff is built like a tank, and speaks to just how much you get inside that box!

Thanks for pulling this room together for this show.  As I must miss Denver, this is a room I would not wanted to have missed!

wisnon

« Reply #12 on: 14 Sep 2015, 11:00 am »
Yes.  It's an OK rectifier.  I put it 5th or 6th on my list.  Well below the 274B.

Here you go:

Thanks...here is what I found about the 5Z4 and the 5V4:
The 5U4 is not a desirable substitute for the 5V4 because the filament current is higher (3A vs. 2A), which may overload the power transformer. Also, the internal voltage drop is higher because the 5U4 is a filament type rectifier whereas the 5V4 is a heater-cathode type.<P>Type 5R4 is a possible substitute for the 5V4. It has a 2A filament, but still has the higher internal voltage drop.<P>Type 5Z4 is a heater-cathode type with a 2A heater, but is limited to 125 ma dc, whereas the 5V4 is rated to 175 ma dc. The 5Z4 also has a reputation for being troublesome (internal short) so it's probably best avoided.<P>The only electrical equivalent to the 5V4 is the 83V, but it has different base (4 pin) so it's not a convenient substitute.<P>5V4's are readily available, so my suggestion would be to avoid substitutes and use a 5V4.

wisnon

« Reply #13 on: 14 Sep 2015, 02:52 pm »

Salk, Wells, LampizatOr, Ginko, And DanaCable
A beautiful room in every way, sonics, scenery, and people! Is there a nicer couple at shows than Jim and Mary Salk? They had to tackle a big, live room and after four hours, and with the help of Vinh Vu and Norm Ginsburg of Ginko Audio, got a handle on it. An impromptu use of stacked folding tables behind the speakers draped with cloth was the finishing touch helping to allow a rock solid center image. The center image was so engaging that many guests were forced to look under the folding tables to assure themselves a center speaker wasn't hiding underneath the cloth. A Salk StreamPlayer $1495, fed a Lampizator Big 7 DAC/Preamp $10,500, a Wells Innamorata amp $7000, and Salk's Exotica 3 towers $12.995/pr. finished the system. All of their hard work paid off in big dividends, sensational soundstage wider than the speakers with tremendous depth. The Exotica 3 towers use SEAS Exotic drivers with Alnico magnets, and servo aided twin 8" self-powered subs developed with Brian Ding of Rythmik to bring a 92dB/W/m sensitivity to the plate, hello tube amps. The atmosphere and sound made this room an oasis to just relax and listen to music. The system did it all, big dynamic contrasts, stupendous bass power and depth, great tone and body, detailed and musical. Jennifer Warnes "Famous Blue Raincoat" was special, voices here were wonderful. Michael Hedges Rickover's "Dream" had the explosive live dynamics I expected, and the guitar sounded like it was in the room. Jim played at levels that were loud enough, but not over the top 'mine will play louder than yours' and he knows how to get the most from a system. I only heard the Exotica 3s playing even though I stopped in half a dozen times, didn't matter, the system with the E3s was spectacular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4GQV_4LeWI