6moons review of LIO - a 'Lunar Eclipse Award!

Vinnie R.

6moons review of LIO - a 'Lunar Eclipse Award!
« on: 15 Mar 2015, 04:26 pm »

Quote from: Srajan Ebaen / 6moons
To quote Taoist sage Chuang-Tzu, "easy does it". This applies to box count, functionality, future-proofiness and, first and foremost, value. No matter which direction you approach it from, LIO is a remarkable heavy hitter. As such, it really does write a new chapter in the annals of hifi. It's smart, handsome, changeable and fun. And it's ultra hip in how the community aspect of crowd-sourcing is coded to its DNA. Because of its unlimited modularity, customer requests can flow into it to make the basic platform ever more varied. Rather than being set in stone, this concept is flexible, adaptive and 'open source'. When you add it all up, the conclusion to this lengthy assignment really wrote itself as predestined and inescapable. When all the moons align as they do so very very rarely, we call it a Lunar Eclipse award. That meaning should be pretty self-explanatory!

http://6moons.com/audioreviews2/vinnierossi/1.html (1st page)

http://6moons.com/audioreviews2/vinnierossi/8.html (Last page)

All,

I am at a loss for words after reading page 8/8 of Srajan's LIO review on 6moons!  This is the first LIO review and I could not be more pleased, thankful, and honored!  As always, Srajan put in a huge effort from start to finish - but being that his fully-loaded LIO is many products in one, this review was a real tour de force that captured so many facets of LIO.  A BIG THANK YOU to Srajan for all his time and effort, and for capturing what LIO is all about!  :)

I was also quite humbled to read how LIO was compared to (and held it own in their league / higher price range) with the likes of Nagra's Jazz tube preamplifier, Nelson Pass's F6 and Pass Labs XA30.8 power amps, COS Engineering's D1 DAC/pre, Goldmund's Telo's HPA1 headphone amplifier, and others.  :o   

What else can I say?  How about some more thanks:

- I've mentioned this before, but I need to post again a big thanks to John Chapman / Bent Audio.  I approached John with the concept of LIO when it was just a bunch of chicken-scratch on my notebook that I scanned to him.  He helped me realize the PURE-DC-4EVR ultracapacitor power supply, implemented all the LIO control circuitry, remote control and upcoming bluetooth remote control, and so much more!  Without John tirelessly working with me, LIO would not have happened!

- I want to thank everyone who pre-ordered LIO, and everyone that showed interest, enthusiasm and support for LIO!  Thank you for believing in us, and for all your patience waiting for LIO to arrive on your doorstep (I know it has taken a few months longer than was expected - so thanks for hanging in there with me).  It has been a ton of work as you can imagine, but the results hopefully speak for themselves!

Thank you for posting your LIO impressions:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=132609.0

and for posting your ideas/suggestions for future LIO modules:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=130693.0

This is just the beginning - and over the months/years, this is going to get even more exciting for everyone!  :hyper:

- I need to thank all my Red Wine Audio customers - I have learned a lot from you over the last 10 years, and your feedback
via the forum, email, and phone over the years has fueled what I call an "evolution" in the way I want to do things going forward,
and LIO is hopefully proof of that as well!

THANK YOU!

Vinnie
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2015, 05:05 pm by Vinnie R. »

David C.

Re: 6moons review of LIO - a 'Lunar Eclipse Award!
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2015, 08:03 pm »
Hi Vinnie,

Congratulations on the fabulous first review and award! I'm definitely saving my nickles and dimes for a LIO.

Just one question: what's that red t-shaped thing on the headphone output? In the review, it appears in some LIO photos but not in others.

David

TrungT

« Reply #2 on: 15 Mar 2015, 08:05 pm »
Congratulations.  :thumb:

Occam

« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2015, 09:08 pm »
Congrats on the award; it is well deserved. I was impressed as heck at your prototype driving the Harbeths and the NYC Show.

Kudos,
Paul

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #4 on: 15 Mar 2015, 09:33 pm »
Just one question: what's that red t-shaped thing on the headphone output?

Locking 1/4" jack.

brh

« Reply #5 on: 15 Mar 2015, 11:58 pm »
Congratulations, Vinnie — well deserved!

SlushPuppy

« Reply #6 on: 16 Mar 2015, 12:07 am »
Congrats Vinnie and John!

Vinnie R.

« Reply #7 on: 16 Mar 2015, 04:13 pm »
All,

THANK YOU!

TomS

« Reply #8 on: 16 Mar 2015, 04:50 pm »
Congrats Vinnie. It looks like you're off to a great start after all that effort  :thumb:

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #9 on: 16 Mar 2015, 05:04 pm »
Can't wait to read it. Well done! :thumb:

Anand.

abernardi

« Reply #10 on: 16 Mar 2015, 10:48 pm »
SO happy for you Vinnie!   :D :D :D  Congrats!

Vinnie R.

« Reply #11 on: 17 Mar 2015, 03:49 pm »
 :beer:

Rocket

« Reply #12 on: 18 Mar 2015, 11:54 am »
Hi Guys,

I got confused with the link as it took me to halfway through the review.  Here is the link from the beginning to save you time:

http://6moons.com/audioreviews2/vinnierossi/1.html

Cheers Rod

Vinnie R.

« Reply #13 on: 18 Mar 2015, 05:04 pm »
Hi Guys,

I got confused with the link as it took me to halfway through the review.  Here is the link from the beginning to save you time:

http://6moons.com/audioreviews2/vinnierossi/1.html

Cheers Rod

Hi Rod,

Thanks for correcting that!

Vinnie

Blu99Zoomer

« Reply #14 on: 18 Mar 2015, 08:18 pm »
Congratulations on the great review.  Saving pennies here, too!!

Best Regards,

Blu99Zoomer

Rocket

« Reply #15 on: 19 Mar 2015, 10:36 am »
Hi Guys,

While I'm not in the market for a new preamplifier.  I really like the system of adding on modules and including more features to the product.  You can start with a basic LIO and upgrade as you go which is a great idea.  Congratulations on the award.

Cheers Rod

Vinnie R.

« Reply #16 on: 19 Mar 2015, 08:15 pm »
Thanks, Rocket and Blu99Zoomer!

8)

Ultralight

« Reply #17 on: 20 Mar 2015, 06:51 am »
Congratulations!!  Fantastic to see the fruition of such incredible creativity and vision! 

Blessings,
UL

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #18 on: 20 Mar 2015, 07:21 pm »
Congratulations Vinnie!!

Based on how good you were at modifying Squeezeboxes all those years ago...I knew you could produce your own products at an extremely high level.

George

Vinnie R.

« Reply #19 on: 25 Mar 2015, 06:17 pm »
Thanks - UL and Zybar!

Hope to see you guys at one of the audio shows this year!

Vinnie