Cherry Amplifier® ---- What We're About 🍒

AvsFan

Even though the .7 is on the way, perhaps I should entertain that idea? What’s your next move?

To be honest, I don't think I am going to go that route. I REALLY like the LRS's. I'm adding dual subs. I think that will be plenty for this room. I think the 1.7i's are not needed.

Wind Chaser

I don’t know how much difference there is between the two models but I won’t entertain the idea of anything bigger than .7 in my small room. I suppose I could sell the .7 and buy your LRS... What color and trim package are they?

AvsFan

I don’t know how much difference there is between the two models but I won’t entertain the idea of anything bigger than .7 in my small room. I suppose I could sell the .7 and buy your LRS... What color and trim package are they?

And if you did, you don't have to worry about break in.  :D
Black cloth and the dark walnut or whatever they call it. Unless you're up there looking at the LRSs's from the side, you rally can't see the  finish.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
I'm already talking to the HI-FI shop I got them from and they'll give me a full refund towards the 1.7i's.
Love my 1.7i speakers!  Not for “huge bass”, but so “silky”.

AvsFan

I love my LRS's and with the new GC's, I am actually very pleased with the bass. Tigjt, fast, controlled, not sloppy or boomy at all. But no matter how good the bass is, they still need help below 60hz. A lot of help. And they are not dynamic in the bass department. No visceral punch or kick to kick drums. Four 8's will definitely change that!

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
I love my LRS's and with the new GC's, I am actually very pleased with the bass. Tigjt, fast, controlled, not sloppy or boomy at all. But no matter how good the bass is, they still need help below 60hz. A lot of help. And they are not dynamic in the bass department. No visceral punch or kick to kick drums. Four 8's will definitely change that!
How do you connect the subs?  They look great, by the way. How’s the sound with the LRSs and subs working together?  Thanks.

Wind Chaser

If he isn’t using a preamp, then most likely high level inputs via Cherry Power.

AvsFan

How do you connect the subs?  They look great, by the way. How’s the sound with the LRSs and subs working together?  Thanks.

My Yamaha has a sub pre-out on it. It's very versatile. But, I won't be using it. I am having a passive pre-amp built for me right now that has a set of balanced in for the 1HS DAC that I am getting back.  :D
It has a set of balanced out to go to the Golden Cherries and I had him put in a set of unbalanced RCA out's to go to two stereo subs.

Those are pictures of the person who is selling it to me. I don't have it yet. Soon. And I have used a version of this sub before in some speakers he built me a few years ago. They are VERY fast. I have never dealt with a dual 8 version though. Should be ridiculously good with the Maggie's.   

in1unison

What do you mean by "not for the huge bass?" These babies rock!

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
Stephen Stone article about Class-D amplifiers
« Reply #789 on: 1 May 2020, 08:56 pm »
Stephen Stone article about Class-D amplifiers:
https://audiophilereview.com/audiophile-news/whats-the-current-state-of-digital-amplifiers.html

Is Cherry the only finished product manufacturer left that actually designs amplifier circuitry instead of just putting pre-fab modules in a fancy box?  Sure, some say they “tweak” the hardware, but if they don’t know how to design an amplifier, how can they know what they’re doing when making changes?

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
Your amps have always gotten seriously great feedback.  You are a really great designer.  I hope you continue to make your amps better and better.
Thanks for the compliment!  I'm honored to have this said about my work (:

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
If you emailed us recently and haven't received a response yet, don't worry, we're catching up on emails as fast as possible.  A few weeks ago we sent a newsletter  (https://bit.ly/2FdSR7K to sign up) regarding a demo sale, and we received a flood of replies.  Thanks to all who responded, and hope you're staying safe and healthy.

....and if you have an urgent request, please email us at Support@DigitalAmp.com with "URGENT" in the subject line.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
Cherry Amplifier® 🍒 to attend HiFi Summit !!
« Reply #793 on: 31 May 2020, 12:37 am »
Digital Amp Co’s Cherry Amplifier® 🍒 will be attending The HiFi Summit, a new online trade show !!

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=170480.0

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
The HiFi Summit -- first online audio trade show
« Reply #794 on: 26 Jun 2020, 01:51 pm »
We are exhibiting at The HiFi Summit, the first online audio trade show.  Show starts in 2 hours:
https://thehifisummit.com/

Check it out!  Thanks (:

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
speaker thread getting huge
« Reply #795 on: 9 Jul 2020, 11:26 am »
I started a thread about speakers under $3000/pr a week ago, and it’s almost to 4000 page reads and 8 pages:
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=171140.0

If you’re thinking about speakers in this price range, you might want to browse the suggestions, some of which might be new to you as they were to me!

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
Re: Cherry Amplifier® ---- What We're About 🍒
« Reply #796 on: 4 Sep 2020, 05:26 pm »
Yesterday, we launched our new Kickstarter (DAC DAC 3)!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/digitalampco/cherry-dac-dac-3

We are at 92% already, less than 24 hours into the program!  Please help us spread the word (:  Thanks !!

To follow along with updates, visit here:
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=172243.0
« Last Edit: 4 Sep 2020, 06:38 pm by AmpDesigner333 »

scenic

« Reply #797 on: 13 Sep 2020, 08:52 am »
Hello, I have the opportunity to buy the used Desktop Maraschino 36v DTM with 60v power supply. Generally known that Cherry amps are "dead" quiet, but I read somewhere that options with a more powerful power supply unit may have some background noise with high sensitivity speakers. I own 96db sensitivity loudspeakers. Could I have any problem with background noise through my loudspeakers with 60v power supply Maraschinos?

sumoking

« Reply #798 on: 14 Sep 2020, 04:53 am »
I have those amps with 60V power supply and my speakers are 97db.
No issues. Dead quiet. Sound marvelous!
What speakers do you have?
Cheers!

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #799 on: 14 Sep 2020, 01:09 pm »
Hello, I have the opportunity to buy the used Desktop Maraschino 36v DTM with 60v power supply. Generally known that Cherry amps are "dead" quiet, but I read somewhere that options with a more powerful power supply unit may have some background noise with high sensitivity speakers. I own 96db sensitivity loudspeakers. Could I have any problem with background noise through my loudspeakers with 60v power supply Maraschinos?
The source itself needs to be quiet to take advantage of the Maraschino’s 118dB SNR.  I use JTR 210RTs (95dB sensitivity) frequently, and they are super quiet at idle.  The Maraschinos are usually driven by a Cherry DAC DAC 1 HS (124dB SNR) or DAC DAC 2 HS (130dB SNR).  So, no worries with your system assuming a quiet source.

We are also running a Kickstarter currently (ends on the 24th) with great deals on NEW Maraschinos:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/digitalampco/cherry-dac-dac-3