New Home Office / Listening Room

grimace

Re: New Home Office / Listening Room
« Reply #20 on: 8 Feb 2018, 02:32 am »
I've been researching a similar project (thread down below a ways).

Here's a couple links for thought..I know..there's a ton of info out there, but if one can't do golden rectangle dimensions..then the next question is "..X x Y x Z is what I have, how bad/good might it be..?

http://www.acousticsinsider.com/find-ideal-room-dimensions-using-calculator/

https://www.acousticfields.com/ideal-room-size-ratios-apply-bonello-graph/

https://amcoustics.com/tools/amroc?l=20&w=16&h=13&ft=true&r60=0.6

Thanks fishboat, I will read through that information - I appreciate it. 

Man, this forum is just the best! 

Captainhemo

« Reply #21 on: 8 Feb 2018, 05:33 pm »
for  an amp, go check out  the Mivera Audio circle.  Trust me,  yo  won't go wrong with  either Mike's standard or SE version driving the  NX series.  the amp is actually  approx  600 wpc  at 8 ohms  but don't  let the spec fool you... this amp  is incredible at  low levels and adds so  much authority to the NX's even at  late night , low  levels.
Here's a pic of the original in the old  Ztacatchi  cases, his new cases   are  stunning

jay

danvprod

« Reply #22 on: 8 Feb 2018, 09:14 pm »

I run a pair of Super Vs in a pretty small room (14' x 14'6" x 9') that doubles as my office. I have four soffit bass trips from GIK to help with bass absorption and have gone to great lengths to adjust the XO point, phase and amplitude of the sub amps on the Vs. As Danny has said, the A370s are very flexible in terms of tweaking the response and flatting out the worst peak (just cut, don't add). Getting a measurement microphone and REW helps as well. I don't quite listen near-field, but pretty close. I wouldn't go back to a boxed speaker or a near-field setup.

grimace

« Reply #23 on: 9 Feb 2018, 02:05 pm »
for  an amp, go check out  the Mivera Audio circle.  Trust me,  yo  won't go wrong with  either Mike's standard or SE version driving the  NX series.  the amp is actually  approx  600 wpc  at 8 ohms  but don't  let the spec fool you... this amp  is incredible at  low levels and adds so  much authority to the NX's even at  late night , low  levels.
Here's a pic of the original in the old  Ztacatchi  cases, his new cases   are  stunning

jay

Thank you Jay - these are a new name for me.  I will definitely check them out.

grimace

« Reply #24 on: 9 Feb 2018, 02:06 pm »

I run a pair of Super Vs in a pretty small room (14' x 14'6" x 9') that doubles as my office. I have four soffit bass trips from GIK to help with bass absorption and have gone to great lengths to adjust the XO point, phase and amplitude of the sub amps on the Vs. As Danny has said, the A370s are very flexible in terms of tweaking the response and flatting out the worst peak (just cut, don't add). Getting a measurement microphone and REW helps as well. I don't quite listen near-field, but pretty close. I wouldn't go back to a boxed speaker or a near-field setup.

Very nice setup - thanks for sharing