The Official D.M.V. (D.C./Southern Maryland/Northern Virginia) meet thread...

doug s.

• makin' music
Just a reminder.  If anyone has food choices other than pizza.  Now is the time (probably by Thursday to give everyone a chance) to weigh in and cast their vote.  As noted, please PM me if you're coming and I'll furnish address particulars.  Looking forward to it!

anchovy pizza?   :green:

doug s.

Phil A

doug s.

When everyone gets here late afternoon and assuming pizza is the final choice.  I'm open to suggestions (and we can get several varieties so it is not a big deal).  I may (not sure) have a friend come over who is a vegan, HAL doesn't want certain things either and one would not believe it by looking at me (around 235 lbs and 6'8" on the weight chart but about 10 inches shorter in real life) but I don't eat certain things.  While there is a Papa Johns nearby that delivers, if someone needs gluten free there is a pizza place not that far away I can go pick it up (they may deliver too - I have eaten there many times and most of the time I've had any pizza, I go out and get it).  So for now, it's OK to get the type of food settled and the rest is easy.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right

doug s.

I knew I'd find the other anchovy pizza lover in America if I waited long enough. 

Phil A

I knew I'd find the other anchovy pizza lover in America if I waited long enough.

I saw one in a museum once :green:

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
I saw one in a museum once :green:

Is this the guy?

doug s.

• makin' music
anchovies rock!!!  i eat 'em straight outta the can!  if any of y'all disagree, y'all are neanderthals!  even my wife agrees w/me!   :green:

doug s.

Phil A

Yes - that's the guy :lol:  The museum scene had him feasting of a combination of anchovy pizza and brontosaurus meat loaf with a diet coke.

pansixt

^^^^^^ Now that's funny.

doug s.

• makin' music
Yes - that's the guy :lol:  The museum scene had him feasting of a combination of anchovy pizza and brontosaurus meat loaf with a diet coke.

and a nice cig after dinner, no doubt.  we all know why no one eats bronto loaf any more

doug s.

Phil A

A bump/reminder - anyone who wants to come Saturday, please PM for details/directions.  I'll be at Scott's (Dazzles) place Friday afternoon with my real time analyzer and between doing things before, I may not be on that much of the day Friday (until Friday night).  Should be fun and nice things to hear so don't want to leave anyone out.  As I noted early on, I would not expect that 100% of the people can make a particular date, so we can do another shortly thereafter if there's interest.  At some point down the road (not entirely based on my schedule as I have to get someone on their time), I'll be removing things from the wall behind the system like the screen, taking down some other things off the walls and patching/painting and I'd expect that the main system will be apart for a little bit.

Scottdazzle

anchovies rock!!!  i eat 'em straight outta the can!  if any of y'all disagree, y'all are neanderthals!  even my wife agrees w/me!   :green:

doug s.

Let's see: Your lovely wife likes you and anchovies.... There's just no accounting for taste!  :lol:

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Ok, bringing two complete MS-1 setups to the demo tomorrow.   :D

Will see you at Phil A's soon!

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
Oh crap - is there a GTG tomorrow?

How'd I miss this thread???

Dammit, already committed to driving up to a small GTG in NJ and bringing the EAR834P I bought from Scottdazzle for the homeowner to hear, with 3 smoothplate NOS Teles in it. Plus, getting my VPI SSM treated to a Fozgometer treatment.

Still, would like to support a more local meet.

Dammit!!!!

Phil A

Oh crap - is there a GTG tomorrow?

How'd I miss this thread???

Dammit, already committed to driving up to a small GTG in NJ and bringing the EAR834P I bought from Scottdazzle for the homeowner to hear, with 3 smoothplate NOS Teles in it. Plus, getting my VPI SSM treated to a Fozgometer treatment.

Still, would like to support a more local meet.

Dammit!!!!

Noted earlier - we can always do another.  May not have as many people or toys though

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
Thanks Phil - I'll be more diligent.

This has been a weird summer for me is all I can say.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Wanted to thank Phil A for hosting today's MAAC gathering.  Had a great time listening to his systems and the audio discussions.  It was a fun day!

Hope that woodsyi can find the MiniITX style chassis that will fit his new motherboard and output card. 

Phil A

Wanted to thank Phil A for hosting today's MAAC gathering.  Had a great time listening to his systems and the audio discussions.  It was a fun day!

Hope that woodsyi can find the MiniITX style chassis that will fit his new motherboard and output card.

HAL - thank you for bringing over those wonderful music servers (and getting my PS3 ready for ripping).  The music server is really a bargain and easy to use (not to mention how good it sounds.  Now I have my work cut out to digitize things and deciding what direction I'm going to go in for an upgrade to existing DACs.  It was fun and why I'm sure it was a long day for HAL (thanks), it seemed short to me by the time everything got set-up and the PS3 ready for ripping.  Thanks to everyone for coming!  Hope we get to do more of these.  I meant to get to the past ones and have one for a bit but hopefully there will be more.

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
Phil - thanks for making it happen & the hospitality!

Hopefully we can keep these meetups going.

r.wasserstrom

I want to add my thanks to Phil for hosting the get-together yesterday.  It was good to put faces to screen names. Lots of good information exchanged; I learned a lot about computer audio from HAL.  His mini-server was an eye-opener. 
I plan on hosting a get-together later in the Fall and will post about it soon.
Cheers,
Rich W.

doug s.

• makin' music
i just wanted to say i am sorry i was not able to make it.  i was a bit under the weather.   :?  hopefully, next time, i will be there.  i am disappointed i did not get a chance to check out phil's system, the mini server, or anchovy pizza...

doug s.