The Official D.M.V. (D.C./Southern Maryland/Northern Virginia) meet thread...

HAL

• Industry Contributor
That means that if you run the Tranquility SE with Windows Direct Sound interface it should work on PC's for all rates.  You can probably run WASAPI if the native sample rate of the files is 16bit/44.1KHz. 

HAL

• Industry Contributor
The MS-1 and M2Tech Evo for the demo are ready to go!  Lots of music from the collection is on the drive.

We can load any other music via USB if needed to demo other cuts.   

pansixt

Doug thanks for the response,

So to date:

HAL - Sept 8
jarcher - Sept 8
Phil A - Sept 8 (but willing to do a second date and wants to hear HAL's music server)

ScottDazzle - flexible
Doug S - flexible

mix4fix - only Sept 22

Once a date is decided, I'm more than happy to take food choices.  As I noted initially, the secondary basement system is nice to hang out in (and room for plenty) for brought in food and warm up and not dealing with a restaurant.  So the count stands as follows now:

Sept 8 - 3 people

Sept 22 - 1 person

The ones that don't care or are flexible (thank you), we can easily work with on any date.  On the 31st of August in the late evening will be the cut-off

Anytime, Anyplace for me.

PARTY AY PHIL'S HOUSE!!! :icon_twisted:
James

Phil A

Welcome to the party James.  So as it stands now it is:

3 for Sept. 8
1 for Sept. 22 (and others are welcome to come over too as I noted earlier I really want to hear Hal's music server and he can only come on the 8th)

3 very flexible individuals.

I don't want to dash anyone's hopes for good time at the party but Scott and mix4fix have seen the basement system/set-up and sorry to say the way I designed it and finished there are no poles available. :icon_twisted: So food and music will have to do for the evening.

pansixt

OK, We are gonna have a Haps.
Mix4, jarcher. The dazzling one, HAL, X rated Chas, Phil, Me, Doug the Tuna, hopefully Rim will join. (has anyone contacted the guru)?
Maybe Bunky will join us as well. Whom else is a yes? Speak.

Dag ya'll the Gateway AS are kicking our butts with meets and events. We need to step up our game. We are Capital. 

Doggone, We also have Dennis M. local, if he may have time for a visit.
We have the people, the music and the gear.

Music is nothing without some to hear it.

newzooreview

OK, We are gonna have a Haps.
Mix4, jarcher. The dazzling one, HAL, X rated Chas, Phil, Me, Doug the Tuna, hopefully Rim will join. (has anyone contacted the guru)?
Maybe Bunky will join us as well. Whom else is a yes? Speak.

Dag ya'll the Gateway AS are kicking our butts with meets and events. We need to step up our game. We are Capital. 

Doggone, We also have Dennis M. local, if he may have time for a visit.
We have the people, the music and the gear.

Music is nothing without some to hear it.

I'd be happy to come if there's room.

Phil A

I'd be happy to come if there's room.

There's plenty of room.  So I take it you're for Sept. 8 too?  If so, just reply.  After the date is firmed up which looks like Sept. 8, I'll solicit preferences for food.  As I also noted early, we can always have a second date for those who can't make the first.  HAL will be here with his music server which is something I'm looking forward to and we may have multiple DACs to compare too.

newzooreview

Sept. 8 is good.

Phil A

Thanks for the reply.

So as it stands now (next Friday late PM will be the end and then I'll solicit food preference and again the majority will rule)
4 for Sept. 8
1 for Sept. 22

3 flexible individuals.

Again, if anyone can't make the date decided by the majority, which at the moment appears to be Sept. 8, we can also do another day (not leaving anyone out) so just speak up (probably post up is a better term).  As noted earlier, we probably won't have the variety of equipment we may have on Sept. 8 but there is plenty of stuff to listen too so no one should feel deprived.  We can do this more often (once a quarter or so).  I think sometimes it doesn't happen due to everyone's schedule and as noted previously  it is not realistic that every person is going to be able to do one date.  So going with the majority to the best way to make these things happen.

With the Capital Audiofest we have now, I think the get togethers are good for everyone in the hobby.  Getting to hear different systems/set-ups allows one to learn and when something like the variety of the Audiofest offers, one can better decide what is a best path of upgrade for them.  I started out as more a HT person.  I had surround sound and separates by around 1980.  Old Time Delays for surround sound and an old Pioneer TVX9500 TV Tuner which tuned TV stations into dual mono.  Even when I moved here at the end of 1996, I was still more into HT.  When I moved into the house just about 15 years ago and became friendly with someone who worked at a store and probably did 250 or so set-ups of mainly 2-channel, in addition to after hours access to the store, I sooned realized my HT sounded very good on music, but still not what I would term good audiophile quality.  Looking forward to this.

pansixt

Thanks Phil, Sept 8 is is good for me as well.

Part-Time Audiophile

• Bright. Shiny. Mine?
    • Part-Time Audiophile
Hey there. If you're still up for random drop-ins, where are you all meeting?

Phil A

Thanks Phil, Sept 8 is is good for me as well.

Ok, thanks  - updated date preferences:

Sept. 8 - 5 people
Sept. 22 - 1 person

Flexible - 2 people

Phil A

Hey there. If you're still up for random drop-ins, where are you all meeting?

Sept. 8 at this point is looking like the date when most prefer or can make it.  It will be at my house, Sterling, VA.  As noted, we can always do another but it likely won't have all the variety of equipment or likely as many people.  I'd imagine it will get going late afternoon (and I will PM all those who indicate they are coming with particulars).  I'll take dinner preferences as noted when the date is firmed up by around this time next week.

r.wasserstrom

I'd like to join you, if there's room.  Sept 8 works fine for me.  Thanks for hosting, Phil.
Rich

Phil A

I'd like to join you, if there's room.  Sept 8 works fine for me.  Thanks for hosting, Phil.
Rich

Plenty of Room.  Thanks for responding.

The count now is:

Sept 8 - 6 people
Sept 22 - 1 person

Flexible - 2 people.

Looks like it's going to be a really good meet with lots of toys to play with.

newzooreview

I'm no longer able to make it on Sept. 8. Maybe next time. Have fun!

Phil A

I'm no longer able to make it on Sept. 8. Maybe next time. Have fun!

As noted, one person was for the 22nd and I'm happy to do a second date.  I noted early on that these things don't get done due to conflicting schedules and that's why what the majority wants will be the primary date.  I expect that a second date won't have all the variety of things though.  And even if you can't as you noted there's always a next time.

So as it stands now:

Sept. 8 - 5 people
Sept. 22 - 1 person
Flexible - 2 people

When it is firmed up late Friday, I'll solicit food preferences.  I'll start off with Pizza (and I can get multiple varieties) and I have beer and wine.  So the rest of you can think about it between now and next weekend.  Again - I'm fine with what the majority decides.  My choice is just easy and gets delivered quick and leaves more time to play with the toys which as I believe Doug S pointed out a bit ago is the primary purpose of the get together but I'm fine with other things.

Phil A

As noted, one person was for the 22nd and I'm happy to do a second date.  I noted early on that these things don't get done due to conflicting schedules and that's why what the majority wants will be the primary date.  I expect that a second date won't have all the variety of things though.  And even if you can't as you noted there's always a next time.

So as it stands now:

Sept. 8 - 5 people
Sept. 22 - 1 person
Flexible - 2 people

When it is firmed up late Friday, I'll solicit food preferences.  I'll start off with Pizza (and I can get multiple varieties) and I have beer and wine.  So the rest of you can think about it between now and next weekend.  Again - I'm fine with what the majority decides.  My choice is just easy and gets delivered quick and leaves more time to play with the toys which as I believe Doug S pointed out a bit ago is the primary purpose of the get together but I'm fine with other things.

Well the majority rules for Sept. 8.  Please PM to confirm attendance for those coming on the 8th and I'll provide address and telephone details.

I started with Pizza above.  If there are other food preferences, now's the time to speak up.  I'm content to let the majority decide.  Let's try to get it firmed up by late Thursday night.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Sounds good to me.  See you Saturday!

Phil A

Just a reminder.  If anyone has food choices other than pizza.  Now is the time (probably by Thursday to give everyone a chance) to weigh in and cast their vote.  As noted, please PM me if you're coming and I'll furnish address particulars.  Looking forward to it!