GTG at Zybar's on July 25th

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: GTG at Zybar's on July 25th
« Reply #20 on: 20 Jul 2009, 04:10 pm »
Guys,

I am thinking 1:00pm on is fine for the GTG. 
We can go as late as people want.

As for refreshments, I am fine with people bringing whatever they like.  I have plenty of fridge space for anything.

I will get out directions to people later this week.

George

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #21 on: 22 Jul 2009, 04:21 pm »
Update as of 7/22/09

My water tank has just sprung a small leak, but needs to be replaced ASAP before it blows.

I don't think this will impact our GTG on Saturday, but I will let everybody know for sure no later than tomorrow night.

Assuming we are still on, please send me a PM or e-mail to confirm that you are coming and so that I can provide my address.

Thanks,

George

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #22 on: 24 Jul 2009, 10:08 am »
Ok, we are still on for tomorrow.

My new water tank is installed and operational.   :thumb:

I lost some valuable painting time, so I am not sure if I all the painting in the HT will be completed, but it will be functional.

If you haven't PM'd or e-mailed me, please do so.

George

TF1216

• Facilitator
« Reply #23 on: 24 Jul 2009, 06:12 pm »
George,

Thank you for putting in the effort that you have to assure the GTG happens.

If you get a chance would you mind letting us know what tomorrow has in store?

I am looking forward to the blu-ray shootout myself.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #24 on: 24 Jul 2009, 09:26 pm »
What's on tap for tomorrow...

I have three systems that are available.

In my main 2 channel system, we can listen to it as is, plus do the following:

1.  Swap preamps (Plinius M8 and Parasound JC2)
2.  Swap power conditioners (Majik Buss and Uber Buss)

I don't have a cd player or traditional transport in this system.  I do have around 5800 albums ripped and in Slim Center so there is a good deal of selection.  Feel free to bring your cd's and I can rip them and add them pretty quickly.

In the main HT system, I just added a pair of OB subs and an Oppo Blu-Ray player.  I also just did a bunch of painting which should help out on the picture front.

If people are interested, we can compare the Panny Blu-Ray player to Oppo.  Feel free to bring any Blu-ray, HD, DVD movies.

I have a good amount of food (sandwiches, wings, chips, salsa, dip, fruit, cookies, etc...) and some beer, water, and soda.

If anybody wants to come and hasn't sent me a PM or e-mail for my address, it's not too late.

See you tomorrow.

George

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #25 on: 24 Jul 2009, 11:32 pm »
Thanks, George.

Looking forward to the GTG. 

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #26 on: 25 Jul 2009, 12:31 am »
Well I just unpacked the subs and the bottom driver in each cabinet pulled out.

I might need a little assistance from Doug or Kris on remounting the drivers.  I don't think that the damage is significant enough to prevent a remounting.

Worst case scenario I can also use my "old" subs.

George

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #27 on: 25 Jul 2009, 01:32 am »
I look forward to the comments about the Majjik to UberBuss...

rydenfan

« Reply #28 on: 25 Jul 2009, 02:29 am »
George, so sorry to hear about the subs  :cry: Hopefully they can be fixed without too much trouble or aggravation.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #29 on: 25 Jul 2009, 02:57 am »
Wow, tough week George.  I drop him off at the airport after a great weekend, then he proceeds to get home, paint, replace a water heater, paint, get new subs only to find the boxes all soaked and ruined, paint, get Fedex to replace the boxes, paint, install new UberBuss, paint...and now this, the drivers pull out!!   Be nice to him at the G2G.  He's gonna need a vacation.   8)

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #30 on: 25 Jul 2009, 11:57 am »
Wow, tough week George.  I drop him off at the airport after a great weekend, then he proceeds to get home, paint, replace a water heater, paint, get new subs only to find the boxes all soaked and ruined, paint, get Fedex to replace the boxes, paint, install new UberBuss, paint...and now this, the drivers pull out!!   Be nice to him at the G2G.  He's gonna need a vacation.   8)

Thanks Ted.

I am hopeful that the subs can be fixed and operational at some point today.

As much painting as I did...I am still not done.   :cry:

George

TomS

« Reply #31 on: 25 Jul 2009, 12:09 pm »
Wish I could have made it out there this time and really sorry to hear the subs took a hit.  Sounds like it should still be a fun day!  Worst case give everyone a paint brush  :wink:

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #32 on: 25 Jul 2009, 02:09 pm »
I wish I could be there too.

I live too far so I guess I'll have to find an excuse to go next time. :)

Hopefully, I'll be able to see you George and Tom at RMAF.

Have a great time musically.

rydenfan

« Reply #33 on: 25 Jul 2009, 04:57 pm »
I expect to see George blogging in real time from the event today  :thumb:

Carlman

« Reply #34 on: 25 Jul 2009, 07:29 pm »
I didn't realize the sub incident was within a string of other incidents.  I do hope it all gets back together without too much trouble and you get a chance to enjoy them. :)
Best wishes for a great meet today!
-Carl

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #35 on: 25 Jul 2009, 08:13 pm »
Drivers are back in the cabinets due to the efforts of Doug, Tyler, and Henry - thank you very much guys!!  :thumb:

They are now working on the wiring.

Just got a diagram from Danny, so hopefully we should be up and running shortly.

George

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #36 on: 26 Jul 2009, 12:23 am »
Well we just wrapped up and I wanted to thank everybody who came over today.

It was great seeing some old friends, as well as a few new ones.

I didn't take a lot of pictures, but what few I took, I will try to post tomorrow.

Due to a lot of time and effort going into getting the HT and OB subs functional, we didn't do the Uber/Majik comparison and only a handful of people were here when we put the Parasound JC2 preamp into the system in place of the Plinius M8.

Hopefully some of the people who attended will post their thoughts and impressions. 

Besides all the audio and HT fun, I was really surprised at how good the Costco wings were.   :drool:

Now off to the HT to watch a movie and relax.

George

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #37 on: 26 Jul 2009, 12:33 am »
George:

Thank you for your hospitality.  The Costco wings were great.  Everything else was great, too.  You are a knowledgeable and gracious host, and I enjoyed meeting everyone, listening to your outrageously wonderful main system, enjoying your terrific HT, and eating all your food. 

What time tomorrow?   :lol:

P.S.: If we had all gotten there earlier, we could have finished the painting.

TF1216

• Facilitator
« Reply #38 on: 26 Jul 2009, 12:39 am »
What a great day.  George was an incredible host.  He opened his house to us N.E.A.R. guys today and I felt very welcome.

The camaraderie was the high-point for me today.  I enjoyed everyone I met today especially the stories that were shared.  I am not sure if everyone can say the same about me when we were butting heads wiring the H-frame subwoofers.  I want to thank everyone one more time for their patience with me.  I am a stubborn engineer (though for not much longer) with a hard-head.

George's 2-channel and HT have improved since my last visit.  I can't wait to retire because I know what my hobbies will be  (  :

I will be forced to resign as the N.E.A.R. administrator soon.  It was nice to get people together hoping it will spark a few more gatherings to occur each year.  Let's keep in touch fellas'.

DougSmith

• What will the next hundred years bring?
« Reply #39 on: 26 Jul 2009, 01:45 am »
Thanks, George for a very good time...

Your 2 ch and HT sytems both sound terrffic!  It would have been nice to hear a better A, B comparison of your B&C vs GR ob subs as well as the premps, but subjectively the all sounded pretty darn good to me... C'est la vie!  I had a great time!  Don't be too hard on yourself, tf2221682... the wiring of those dual GRservos is certianly not intuitive (otherwise we would have gotten it right from the get go).  Nice meeting everybody.  Great food, great beer, and great music.  Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

- Doug