Anyone heard the new Hemp CO12VOB

dewar

Anyone heard the new Hemp CO12VOB
« on: 26 Oct 2007, 10:42 am »
Cant seem to find any info opinion on these.

I'm looking to build a second OB sytem to my present B200 one and am wondering if I could do much better than the B200 without breaking the bank on Fertins/Supravox etc. (not that the Hemps are cheap)

Any info greatly appreciated.

Cheers

B.

crazybastard

Re: Anyone heard the new Hemp CO12VOB
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct 2007, 06:03 am »
A friend of mine has a pair.  Looks exactly like my radian 512b coaxials, but twice as expensive.

dewar

« Reply #2 on: 27 Oct 2007, 09:58 am »
Have you heard them? How do they sound compared to the Radians, and the Radians compared to the B200, if you've heard those?

Reading about dodgy Perry Pecker of hemp acoustics has me wondering if it might be the same driver at a criminally inflated price.

cheers

b.

studley

« Reply #3 on: 27 Oct 2007, 12:10 pm »

Reading about dodgy Perry Pecker of hemp acoustics has me wondering if it might be the same driver at a criminally inflated price.

cheers

b.

As someone potentially interested in Hemp drivers I'd like to know what prompted your comment.  Please PM me if you think that would be more appropriate. Thanks.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #4 on: 27 Oct 2007, 12:50 pm »

cheers

b.

As someone potentially interested in Hemp drivers I'd like to know what prompted your comment.  Please PM me if you think that would be more appropriate. Thanks.

Probably this: www.hemp-acoustics.com

and this:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=45555.0

I'm sure the rabbit hole goes much deeper  :o

studley

« Reply #5 on: 27 Oct 2007, 01:37 pm »
Thanks Vinnie.  ' Nuff said!

crazybastard

« Reply #6 on: 27 Oct 2007, 05:12 pm »
I personally cannot hear the differences between the HA and radians.  The cone materials do look a little different though.  I don't know if it effects the crossover point.  Hemp cone (from banana plants btw) supposedly have less breakup, so maybe the crossover point may change.  On the same radian crossover, open baffle, there is no audible difference that I can tell.  Can't speak for my friend, but I probably don't think I'd pay double for the driver. 

dewar

« Reply #7 on: 28 Oct 2007, 02:11 am »
thanks crazybastard

rick57

« Reply #8 on: 31 Oct 2007, 05:27 am »
"the new Hemp CO12VOB"

Are Hemp :nono: still in business/ back in business?

Cheers

dewar

« Reply #9 on: 31 Oct 2007, 09:19 am »
Must be, I got a reply from Mr Pecker.

Am now leaning toward the new Hawthorn Audio Sterling coaxial, also sight unheard(by everyone). $1400/pr, but at least I have faith in them. 15" Emanence with Radian tweerer, should be good.

b.

inrank

« Reply #10 on: 31 Oct 2007, 02:23 pm »
i have the 'normal' 10" Silver Iris coaxials, and if they are anything to go by for the price, the sterling 15's should be cracking  :D

i also looked into the Hemp 8" and 12" coaxials, but having read stuff i would more seriously consider the radian ones.