Starcraft II

Pez

Starcraft II
« on: 19 May 2007, 03:03 pm »
I think I just wet my pants!  :oops:

http://www.starcraft2.com/

I am there! Right now the website only shows Protoss, Terran, and Zerg, but I bet there will be new races!

JohnR

Re: Starcraft II
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2007, 03:14 pm »
Read a little about it in the paper this morning (here). I'm not much of a game player, but it would be pretty darn cool stuff to work on as a developer, I would think.

Bemopti123

« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2007, 03:25 pm »
I almost fainted when I heard the news.  The trailers, man, the trailers with combat scenes were fascinating.

I do fear that most of my PCs will not be able to handle the resolution....I can imagine the graphic requirement of the game....but then, the possibility of playing Starcraft II in full HD glory, something to be said.  Imagine it in a 50+ inch screen.   :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

fiveoclockfriday

« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2007, 03:29 pm »
I am so pumped; I've been waiting years for this. I remember playing hardcore back in 98-2000, and I'm happy (or should I be sad) to say that Starcraft is the only game I really play regularly anymore, with a half dozen friends all over the country. I hope they keep with their awesome Mac compatibility stance. I will definitely get a copy.

Bemopti123

« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2007, 03:40 pm »
I wonder what will be the Hardware requirement.

Bemopti123

« Reply #5 on: 19 May 2007, 03:42 pm »
but I bet there will be new races!

I don't know about more races, but with different units, there will be plenty to experiment. 

my favorite race:  Zerg.

Pez

« Reply #6 on: 19 May 2007, 04:13 pm »
One things for sure, Blizzard always does a game right.  I have rarely experienced crashes etc with most of their games.  WoW is spectacular! Almost to much in that game, I often find myself too intimidated to play it, thinking "I've got to level up, but in order to do that I have to go to blah blah blah and do blah blah blah and that will take 3 hours! forget it!" I need to get a game (like starcraft) where I can sit down and play for an hour and actually make progress.

On Warcraft 3 the screen play was always very smooth even on my old PC
« Last Edit: 19 May 2007, 04:24 pm by Pez »

Woodsea

« Reply #7 on: 19 May 2007, 04:35 pm »
The graphics look cool, and this is one of my favorite top ten titles.  :thumb: 

PeteG

« Reply #8 on: 19 May 2007, 05:54 pm »
It will be compatible with directX 10. Can't wait  :green:

fiveoclockfriday

« Reply #9 on: 19 May 2007, 10:29 pm »
After seeing the interest on here, anyone on AC up for playing original SC on Battle.net sometime? I'm no expert, but I'm up for a good game now and then. I like teams vs. computer players, but I'd do player vs player as well. Send me a PM or email if you're up for playing sometime.

Pez

« Reply #10 on: 20 May 2007, 04:25 am »
Hmmm perhaps, but I have no idea about strategy as I know that when you start if you don't do very specific things you are more or less screwed and there is no way you can win.  So you'd have to go easy. :)

mcrespo71

« Reply #11 on: 24 May 2007, 07:18 pm »
OMG!!!  Best news ever!  I thought this day would never arrive.

Pez

« Reply #12 on: 24 May 2007, 11:44 pm »
Yep I don't even know the release date and I've already set up a tent infront of my local compy game store.  aa

Any way if you get a chance, and you're very patient check out the high res demo.  It talks a lot about the new graphics engine etc. http://www.starcraft2.com/movies.xml

Bemopti123

« Reply #13 on: 25 May 2007, 12:07 am »
Why do I get this feeling I will need to buy a new comp set up for this when it hits the shelf? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Red Dragon Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.reddragonaudio.com
« Reply #14 on: 25 May 2007, 12:33 am »
Why do I get this feeling I will need to buy a new comp set up for this when it hits the shelf? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

I had the same feeling. 

What's funny is old college buddies are calling me to talk about strategies already...and we don't even really know all the new characters or changes... :lol:

fiveoclockfriday

« Reply #15 on: 25 May 2007, 12:36 am »

Exactly! Despite being a long time Mac guy, I've already checked some of the PC parts sites to price out a good rig to play this on -- I think that would be the cheapest way to get the best performance for SC 2. I heard Korea has already had tv coverage and other craziness!

Bemopti123

« Reply #16 on: 25 May 2007, 12:49 am »
With the hardware in question, it will be the most expensive $50 game I would have ever bought, when it comes out. :duh:

PS:  But didn't we have enough time with 10 years to save for game and PC? :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Folsom

« Reply #17 on: 25 May 2007, 04:51 pm »

JimJ

• Ut Prosim
« Reply #18 on: 25 May 2007, 07:38 pm »
The original was fun, freshman year we got a burned copy and set up a network in our dorm...totally killed any productivity for a few weeks :D

That and Westwood's Red Alert II were very good online multiplayers.

Woodsea

« Reply #19 on: 1 Sep 2007, 11:10 pm »
This game will be played on my MBP in OSX tiger if not leopard without windows help, within the next 60 days!