CES / THE Show roundup

enjoythemusic

CES / THE Show roundup
« on: 17 Jan 2007, 11:42 pm »
WOW, what a busy show! Well, shows (plural) technically but who is counting?  :wink:

Just polished up my live coverage and added our senior editor (and also recently announced The Absolute Sound senior writer) Dick Olsher's CES/THE Show report. As for the overall vibe of the show, it was cautious at first, though the crowds and business was very good according to various vendors. So once all was said and done i believe everyone was very happy. Decided to write a roundup article (see http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/viewpoint/0107/ces_2007_the_show.htm ).

All in all it looks like digital downloads will be King and SACD/DVD-Audio are pretty much dead. No one was really doing much new with either niche format as far as hardware was concerned. The amount of computer server, USB and Internet-enabled devices are making their presence felt, thank goodness! If you much have a hard format, there are some very good audio formats for HD DVD and Blu-ray.

Anywho, see http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com for the show reports. And now color me a ghost for a much needed week long holiday to visit my folks and celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. Good riddance 2-inche thick solid ice in New England and hello sunny Florida coast!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: CES / THE Show roundup
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jan 2007, 11:56 pm »
Where is there 2 inches of ice in New England?   :scratch:

Today seemed liked the first cold day all winter in the Boston, MA area.

Anyway, nice job covering the shows.   :beer:

George

enjoythemusic

Re: CES / THE Show roundup
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2007, 07:01 pm »
Where is there 2 inches of ice in New England?   :scratch:

Apologies for the delayed reply. Flew home from Lost Wages to home for a few days, am now in Tampa FL enjoying the sun. The 2 inches of ice is in the mountains of NH/VT. Trust me dude, it was BAD NEWS with super-slick ice!  :(

Anyway, nice job covering the shows.   :beer:

Many thanks. i made some small changes to the layout and Dick Olsher's report.  Expect another 1 or 2 more reports to be online soon :)