Any experience with Blue Circle BC-86 noisehounds?

byteme

« on: 19 May 2003, 05:46 pm »
Good or bad?  Been reading quite a bit about them other places...

I've got two dedicated 20Amp lines feeding my system (2 duplex outlets).  All of the analog stuff is fed through a PS Audio Ultimate outlet and then an Ernie's PoBox.  The digital side is fed out of the other wall duplex through a Vans Evers Clean Line Jr. Digital (custom) and then into a Tripp-Lite isobar 6 outlet bar.  Where possible, Ernie's power cords are used.

Would I see benefit you think or are things seeming pretty clean already?

Thanks!

Ron D

« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2003, 07:22 pm »
While I have never used one in my system it would appear that what you currently have in place would make a noise hound redundant. I was under the impression that these things "clean up" dirty lines and as you have dedicated lines I very much doubt they would offer much in the way of improvements.

PhilNYC

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jun 2003, 12:22 pm »
I don't think a dedicated line completely eliminates noise.  It eliminates variance caused by appliances and such, but the line is still subject to interference from RF, EMI, and other things.  The Noise Hounds are simply noise filters, and I've used them to good effect (I use two of them on my audio system, which currently has no other power conditioning)...quite honestly, I see more effectiveness with them on my TV signal than I do in my audio system.  (disclaimer: I am a Blue Circle dealer)

You might want to see how much noise you have on your power line by picking up (or borrowing) a Noise Sniffer from Audioprism.  With your other power conditioning equipment, you might not see that much benefit from the Noise Hound.  On the other hand, you might...

Psychicanimal

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jun 2003, 09:17 pm »
Why don't you ask Blue Circle for the unit's noise reduction specs?  If they don't answer your question then that's your answer. I would sell the Vans Evers digital.  I've seen what the inside looks like.  Get rid of it in Audiogon or eBay.  That unit is a bad joke. :rotflmao:  

With the money from the sale of the Vans Evers and what you'd spend on two Blue Circles you can get a DeZorel through our future group purchase.  From what Lak tells me it is really promising.  I should get a chance to audition it in my system real soon... :mrgreen:
And no--you are not overboard on noise control gear--not at all.