Audio nuts in Baltimore

pistolpete

Audio nuts in Baltimore
« on: 21 Dec 2005, 03:25 pm »
Hello all,
I am new to this site and would like to meet some audio friends in Baltimore and surrounding areas.  I do not know anyone who shares my hobby and would like to change that.  
Rock on, Pete

My system: (2ch only)
Arcam CD 72
Parasound PLD-1100 preamp
Bryston 4B-SST amp
Daynaudio Audience 42 speakers
Dayton Titanic III 10" sub

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Audio nuts in Baltimore
« Reply #1 on: 21 Dec 2005, 06:43 pm »
Welcome to MAAC Pete,

There are a few guys around Baltimore.  The local circle will probably have another meeting next year after all the holiday stuffs are over and done with.  I believe there was a mention of one of the Baltimorean (are you reading this Merle) who thought he would host it.  Have a wonderful holiday season and post often.  And Kudos for 2 channel! :P

Merle

• http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=albums.php
Audio nuts in Baltimore
« Reply #2 on: 22 Dec 2005, 03:57 pm »
I would be happy to have the Circle drop by for a day of food and music, provided you can tolerate my modest system. If any have suggestions of a date that works well, I'm pretty much always open. I live in Catonsville. Let me know what you guys think!

woodsyi

• Volunteer
Audio nuts in Baltimore
« Reply #3 on: 22 Dec 2005, 05:41 pm »
Quote from: Merle
I would be happy to have the Circle drop by for a day of food and music, provided you can tolerate my modest system.

How do you know you will have a modest system?  With your rate of turnover, you don't even know what you will have in your system by the time we settle on a date.  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen: Besides, no one who opens his/her house for a gathering should feel like they have to show off audio jewelry.  The meets are for comaraderie and exchange of ideas.  The key to being a good host, Merle, is not having gaudy jewelry; the key is having a LOT of good BEER and food.   :beer: You can also invite people to bring gear they want to show off/compare/contrast.  You won't be short of gears to listen.

pistolpete

Audio nuts in Baltimore
« Reply #4 on: 22 Dec 2005, 07:46 pm »
Sounds like a great plan.  
As far as dates, I am a Mr. Mom (for a 1 year old) and my wife has a crazy (80hours+) job.  Sometime at the end of January she goes to nights for about 6 weeks.  That puts a damper on my social life.  
I prefer to do it on a night or day when she can watch the little hoodlum.  How soon and what days of the week work best for guys?
Pete
Merle, cool gallery!

Merle

• http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=albums.php
Audio nuts in Baltimore
« Reply #5 on: 22 Dec 2005, 07:59 pm »
I'm pretty much a Saturday guy. After football season, Saturday & Sunday guy. Current system [this week :)] is Paradigm Studio 60V.3, KAB modded Technics SL1210Mk5, Musical Fidelity X-LPSV.3, Audio Research LS8Mkii, Sony DVD/SACD thingy, vintage Denon tuner, Rotel RB-1050. All in all, makes pretty good music!

Gordy

Audio nuts in Baltimore
« Reply #6 on: 22 Dec 2005, 08:16 pm »
Welcome Pistolpete!

Good to see another member aboard and closer to De. :lol:   I should be free to travel most any January weekend, Saturdays being the best day for me as well!

Woodsyi, when do you want to get together with the Felicia triplets???

woodsyi

• Volunteer
Audio nuts in Baltimore
« Reply #7 on: 22 Dec 2005, 08:27 pm »
Quote from: Merle
I'm pretty much a Saturday guy. After football season, Saturday & Sunday guy. Current system [this week :)] is Paradigm Studio 60V.3, KAB modded Technics SL1210Mk5, Musical Fidelity X-LPSV.3, Audio Research LS8Mkii, Sony DVD/SACD thingy, vintage Denon tuner, Rotel RB-1050. All in all, makes pretty good music!

Merle, the season is over (for the Ravens) :lol: unless you are a diahard Colts fan even after Irsay bolted the corral.  Don't tell me you still have a shrine to Johnny U and Bert Jones?!? :o  The Saturdays are January 14, 21 or 28.  Jan 15 is a Sunday with MLK day on Monday which makes it a kind of Saturday if you know what I mean.  Which one work for you?  Merle, do you want to post another thread inviting everyone for a MAAC meeting?

Merle

Audio nuts in Baltimore
« Reply #8 on: 22 Dec 2005, 08:30 pm »
Ravens AND Redskins fan. [In fact, I'll be at this Saturdays Redskin game!] I'm a transplanted Baltimoron. I'm from Va. Anyway, MAAC meeting post to follow shortly!

woodsyi

• Volunteer
Audio nuts in Baltimore
« Reply #9 on: 22 Dec 2005, 08:34 pm »
Quote from: Gordy
Welcome Pistolpete!

Woodsyi, when do you want to get together with the Felicia triplets???

Gordy,

I am good any weekend in January.  If you are off between Christmas and New Years (which I am) I am trying to coordinate with Stan (SWG255) who also has a pair of RM40s to get together midayish on Wednesday the 28th to check out the CDWG on my RM40's.  You are welcome to join or give me a date in January to get together.  Of course, we can do ours later if a MAAC meeting takes place around the same time.

pistolpete

Audio nuts in Baltimore
« Reply #10 on: 22 Dec 2005, 08:41 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome
How does the 14th or 15th work for you all?
Any of my stuff you would like me to bring?  System listed in first post.
Pete

SWG255

A get together sounds good
« Reply #11 on: 22 Dec 2005, 09:48 pm »
I'm generally flexible as far as time goes, but since i don't drive, I have to arrange transportation to places as far afield as Catonsville or Baltimore. I'm also still working on my transportation to get to Woodsyi's place on the 28th.

I also want to second the sentiment that these meetings are not for seeing who has the "best" or most expensive system. They are for exchanging ideas, listening to music and enjoying the company of other audiophiles and music lovers. (although the beer and food is appreciated too)

I hope everyone has a joyous and safe holiday season!

pistolpete

Re: A get together sounds good
« Reply #12 on: 22 Dec 2005, 10:49 pm »
Quote from: SWG255
I also want to second the sentiment that these meetings are not for seeing who has the "best" or most expensive system. They are for exchanging ideas, listening to music and enjoying the company of other audiophiles and music lovers. (although the beer and food is appreciated too)

Amen brother!  Especially considering my gear! :(
Seems like I am hearing a lot of talk about beer.  I think I am going to like you guys, not sure if the wife will!
Also, when the time comes, I would have no problem hosting a gathering at my place(Owings Mills).  Smallish condo with a room that hates stereo stuff as much as the wife, but it can still be fun.

bunky

Audio nuts in Baltimore
« Reply #13 on: 1 Jan 2006, 01:22 pm »
Quote from: pistolpete
Sounds like a great plan.  
As far as dates, I am a Mr. Mom (for a 1 year old) and my wife has a crazy (80hours+) job.  Sometime at the end of January she goes to nights for about 6 weeks.  That puts a damper on my social life.  
I prefer to do it on a night or day when she can watch the little hoodlum.  How soon and what days of the week work best for guys?
Pete
Merle, cool gallery!
Hey pistolpete,i am a single /divorced parent and i know where you are coming from, it is well worth it to find a baby sitter when the MACC has a meeting because this is a great bunch of guys and there is no shortage of audio wisdom in this group.  everyone here seems to get along just great. i live in Marley which borders east Glen Burnie and Pasadena and i am always eager to meet with Audio enthusiasts in our new group so welcome aboard! thanks....WCW III

pistolpete

Audio nuts in Baltimore
« Reply #14 on: 4 Jan 2006, 04:14 pm »
Quote from: bunky
Hey pistolpete,i am a single /divorced parent and i know where you are coming from, it is well worth it to find a baby sitter when the MACC has a meeting because this is a great bunch of guys and there is no shortage of audio wisdom in this group.  everyone here seems to get along just great. i live in Marley which borders east Glen Burnie and Pasadena and i am always eager to meet with Audio enthusiasts in our new group so welcome aboard! thanks....WCW III

Bunky, I am in Ohio right now and will see what I can do when I get home.  Thanks for the warm welcome and i hope to meet you soon.