All the Breathes / HBO

stlrman

All the Breathes / HBO
« on: 17 Feb 2023, 03:43 pm »
One of the most incredible documentary films I have ever seen !!
A near perfect movie !!

“In one of the world's most populated cities, cows, rats, monkeys, frogs, and hogs jostle cheek-by-jowl with people. Here, two brothers fall in love with a bird -- the black kite. From their makeshift bird hospital in their tiny basement, the "kite brothers" care for thousands of these mesmeric creatures that drop daily from New Delhi's smog-choked skies. As environmental toxicity and civil unrest escalate, the relationship between this Muslim family and the neglected kite forms a poetic chronicle of the city's collapsing ecology and rising social tensions.”
If u have HBO just watch it , thank me later 😉
99% , 90% RT

sounddog

Re: All the Breathes / HBO
« Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2023, 03:13 am »
Thanks for the recommendation. Just watched it - it was amazing and quite moving.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2023, 12:26 pm »
I saw a rave review of this, but I don't have HBO.  Perhaps I'll cancel something and take it on.  Looks like a wonderful series.

stlrman

« Reply #3 on: 18 Feb 2023, 04:58 pm »
It’s just a movie 🍿, happy to view it with you on my big screen , if you want to make a trip into the city .

newzooreview

« Reply #4 on: 18 Feb 2023, 05:23 pm »
Among Tesla’s quirks was his fondness for pigeons. When living in New York, he spent hours each week feeding pigeons in the park and routinely took home any that were injured so he could nurse them back to health. He often kept the windows open in the hotel suite in which he lived so pigeons could visit when they wished, resulting in a horrible mess. He once even asked a hotel chef to prepare a special mix of seeds for his feathered friends. Tesla’s acquaintances found his passion for pigeons puzzling because the inventor was a well-known germophobe.

Tesla never married, but he admitted to falling in love with a very special white pigeon that visited him regularly. He reportedly said, “I loved that pigeon as a man loves a woman, and she loved me. As long as I had her, there was a purpose to my life…In 1922 Tesla reported that the white pigeon had flown into his room to tell him that she was dying. Before the bird passed, he said, a white light shone from her eyes, brighter than anything he had ever generated with his electrical machinery. Tesla was heartbroken at her death and told friends that at that moment, he felt his life’s work was finished.

https://www.britannica.com/story/nikola-teslas-weird-obsession-with-pigeons