What was that one piece of equipment you regret selling??

sunnydaze

Re: What was that one piece of equipment you regret selling??
« Reply #20 on: 17 Feb 2021, 07:38 pm »

There's the original and the New Philharmonitor. But I usually don't look at hifishark. But thanks. I'll check more frequently.

Sorry, didn't realize there were different versions.   :oops:

NoDisco

« Reply #21 on: 17 Feb 2021, 07:45 pm »
Almarro 318B

zoom25

« Reply #22 on: 17 Feb 2021, 07:55 pm »
Audeze LCD-2.2 pre-fazor in Rosewood.

Sold to upgrade to LCD-3s and didn't like them. Now I have the LCD-2 Classic, but nothing is like those LCD-2.2 pre-fazors.

charmerci

« Reply #23 on: 17 Feb 2021, 08:57 pm »
Sorry, didn't realize there were different versions.   :oops:

It's ok. It's a bit confusing if you haven't been following Philharmonic Audio. There was a single, original pair sold in 2018. (Not to be confused with the BMR version either.)

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #24 on: 17 Feb 2021, 09:12 pm »
Almarro 318B

I have one and I'm never, ever selling it.  That amp is awesome.

NoDisco

« Reply #25 on: 17 Feb 2021, 10:30 pm »
Took me many years to find a rival. Don’t blame you though.

BobRex

« Reply #26 on: 17 Feb 2021, 11:46 pm »
Fried R3s

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #27 on: 18 Feb 2021, 12:01 am »
VTL MB250s which I managed to buy back after they shut down the guy's house when he flipped them both on at once.

Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp which I managed to buy back after the guy blew up his speakers by shutting it off in the wrong order.

Stuff that got away for good?  Beyerdynamics DT-880 and WooAudio WA6SE headphone amp.  THAT is something I need to replace.

NoDisco

« Reply #28 on: 18 Feb 2021, 12:41 am »
Have the WA22. It’s been meh for me. Much nosier than I would like. Have a persistent hum in left channel. I’ve reduced it with better tubes, but during quiet passages... It’s also not much better than my Bel Canto, which is much quieter. Frankly I can’t understand the cult following. Woo also wasn’t much of a help either.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #29 on: 18 Feb 2021, 01:12 am »
No issues with the WA6 I had, I really liked it.
It really paired up well with those DT880s.

NoDisco

« Reply #30 on: 18 Feb 2021, 01:33 am »
Had an idea. Turned it on and listed to the input transformer...you can hear the hum. There could be an easy fix for this, and I know my manleys don’t like the wall sockets. Could it be I have too much DC on the line? Sorry for the partial thread hijacking.

nathanm

« Reply #31 on: 18 Feb 2021, 03:04 am »
Michel Gyro SE turntable. Now it costs twice what I paid for mine. Cool looking non-rectangular turntables are really hard to come by these days it seems. Unless I am looking in the wrong places.

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #32 on: 18 Feb 2021, 03:52 am »
  Absolutely nothing. Every step selling was a step up.

charles
Indeed. Never look back. The one time I bought back a piece of gear I missed it only took a few minutes to remember why I had sold it.   :duh:

Freo-1

« Reply #33 on: 18 Feb 2021, 04:15 am »
Indeed. Never look back. The one time I bought back a piece of gear I missed it only took a few minutes to remember why I had sold it.   :duh:

Agreed.  Very happy with the gear on hand currently.  Can't say I would want anything I owned previously back. 

JohnR

« Reply #34 on: 18 Feb 2021, 01:22 pm »
I guess I'm a sucker for vintage gear, my biggest regret is selling an ST-70 that was a real eBay find. Looked terrible but it was just surface dust, cleaned up immaculate. However, a friend of mine had been bugging me for ages to sell him one and I caved and sold him that one, my last one  :bawl:

Still, if I had it now I'd probably not even use it. I just don't have the space or time for vintage now. My other lesser regrets are similar, like a nice pair of Dynaco Mk IV (painstakingly acquired one at a time), a Leak Stereo 20 and my ESL-57s.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #35 on: 18 Feb 2021, 02:37 pm »
This is a dangerous thread.
It just made me buy a WooAudio WA6 headphone amp with a bunch of spare tubes.

Mr Peabody

« Reply #36 on: 18 Feb 2021, 04:04 pm »
I wish I had held onto my Threshold Stasis 300, I loved the look, the sound, and I didn't have that much vested in it.  At the time it was just sitting though.

I also wish I had kept an Adcom 5500, the MOSFET's gave it such a unique and quality sound.

krustykat

« Reply #37 on: 18 Feb 2021, 04:25 pm »
Not exactly on topic but, in the mid 80's I bought a pair of Mission 780 Argonaut speakers from the Army/Air Force Exchange Service. Stunning looking and it took all the money I had at the time.  I bought them just before I got out of the service and never listened to them, I just had them shipped overseas to my home in the US.   When my shipment arrived a couple months later, all of my stereo equipment had been stolen out of the shipping crate.  I never had a chance to listen to them!  To this day I still wonder, but I'm sure that they weren't destined to become my end game speaker.

drmike

« Reply #38 on: 18 Feb 2021, 05:56 pm »
sp10 mk11,how stupid was that! kids kept picking up the tone arm and dropping the dynavector m.c cartridge on beat it

mick wolfe

« Reply #39 on: 18 Feb 2021, 07:56 pm »
Somewhat off topic again, plus I don't regret it as much today as I did 25-30 yrs. ago. That being said, my worst decision of all time was selling my JSE Model 1 speakers. It took me years to find a speaker that was as satisfying.