Pass Int-60

I.Greyhound Fan

Re: Pass Int-60
« Reply #20 on: 13 Dec 2020, 06:31 pm »
Thank you all.  I don’t know if this is appropriate, but do any of you have experience with Reno Hifi? I’m not looking to sling mud at anyone but I see they sell new Pass equipment and possibly demo Int-60’s. If this in inappropriate to ask let me know and I’ll delete.  Again I appreciate all the info on Pass and TMR as this is a big investment for me.

I believe that they are reputable.  Nelson Pass would not work with him otherwise.

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #21 on: 13 Dec 2020, 06:35 pm »
Great point and something that I didn’t think about I.Greyhound Fan!

jd3

« Reply #22 on: 13 Dec 2020, 06:48 pm »
I went through a bunch of Pass amps trying to find the ‘right one’ about 6-7 years ago and dealt with Reno Hifi.  Mark was great to deal with.

rbbert

« Reply #23 on: 13 Dec 2020, 06:53 pm »
Reno HiFi is the default dealer for anyone who does not have a dealer within 100 miles (as stated on the website).  I believe Mark's uncle was a long-time marketing director for Pass; in any case, Mark makes weekly trips over the Sierra to Pass Labs in Auburn to replenish his stock and take back returns, repairs, etc.

kmmd

• 5 mos.= My VAC is back - now silver w/phono
    • Systems
« Reply #24 on: 13 Dec 2020, 08:21 pm »
Thank you all.  I don’t know if this is appropriate, but do any of you have experience with Reno Hifi? I’m not looking to sling mud at anyone but I see they sell new Pass equipment and possibly demo Int-60’s. If this in inappropriate to ask let me know and I’ll delete.  Again I appreciate all the info on Pass and TMR as this is a big investment for me.

I bought my X250.8 from Mark.  He’s very knowledgeable and responsive.  Kent English at Pass is a great guy too.  I’m really happy with my Pass Labs amp and crossover.

A_shah

« Reply #25 on: 14 Dec 2020, 03:28 am »
Reno , HIFi are good people they are official dealers of pass labs will ship a Demo unit for 10 to 15 days trial period you have to give them your CC information . Pass lab had their  offices at at Auburn Airport ( used to fly their in a Cessna to eat at Wings & Espresso Bar - we call it a $ 100 hamburger run :P) but they do not have a show room at that place  . Don't know if they are still at the auburn airport ?

Asghar

rbbert

« Reply #26 on: 14 Dec 2020, 04:20 am »
They moved to Airport Rd about 3-4 yrs ago; still there.  Reno HiFi does not have a showroom either.

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #27 on: 14 Dec 2020, 04:30 am »
Thanks all.  I have an email into Mark and will follow with a call tomorrow. I appreciate all the help!

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #28 on: 15 Dec 2020, 10:24 pm »
Thank you again to everyone.  I have a new, shiny Int-60 on its way to me!  Mark at RenoHiFi was a delight to work with and the price (relatively speaking) was great! I highly recommend Mark for anything Pass Labs or Firstwatt related.

rbbert

« Reply #29 on: 15 Dec 2020, 11:09 pm »
I happened to be driving by Reno HiFi yesterday (it's just a couple of houses in a quiet residential neighborhood, with a few million dollars worth of audio electronics in each garage, and each box of said electronics weighing upwards of 100 pounds)   :lol:

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #30 on: 15 Dec 2020, 11:59 pm »
Thank you again to everyone.  I have a new, shiny Int-60 on its way to me!  Mark at RenoHiFi was a delight to work with and the price (relatively speaking) was great! I highly recommend Mark for anything Pass Labs or Firstwatt related.

Congrats, looking forward to your impressions.

Larry

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #31 on: 17 Dec 2020, 03:45 am »
Congrats, looking forward to your impressions.

Larry

I can’t wait to share them!  Speaking of sharing, after some deep thinking about life and what’s important to me during my short stay on this rock over the last couple weeks, today I picked up the phone and called Lou at Daedalus and ordered some of his new Muse speakers!  I think that Int-60 powering those speakers will be a wonderful combination.  These are going to be four long months. 

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #32 on: 17 Dec 2020, 05:11 pm »
Wow, that should be a great combo.

rbbert

« Reply #33 on: 17 Dec 2020, 05:54 pm »
If what I am listening to right now is analogous, that should work very well  8)

GregC

« Reply #34 on: 17 Dec 2020, 09:52 pm »
I can’t wait to share them!  Speaking of sharing, after some deep thinking about life and what’s important to me during my short stay on this rock over the last couple weeks, today I picked up the phone and called Lou at Daedalus and ordered some of his new Muse speakers!  I think that Int-60 powering those speakers will be a wonderful combination.  These are going to be four long months.

I had the same thoughts about what is important in life and it led to me buying a pair of Lou's Athena speakers.  You are in for a real treat!

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #35 on: 17 Dec 2020, 10:33 pm »
The amp is here and warming up and I’m beyond excited.  Mark at RenoHiFi said most of the break in would occur over the first 24 hours but I couldn’t wait so I streamed a few songs.  Just superficially listening to a couple favorite tunes this afternoon has already brought goosebumps! 

GregC I cannot wait for my speakers.  As mentioned earlier I’ve kind of reassessed things in my life and I am so glad that I called Lou.  What a down to earth, centered, caring, generous guy (I know I’ve left out many applicable adjectives).  It’s interesting when you choose a path who you come into contact with... and talking to Lou made me realize that I chose the right one. Plus I hear he can make a hell of a speaker!

rbbert

« Reply #36 on: 18 Dec 2020, 01:10 pm »
Perhaps this thread should have been in the Daedalus forum rather than All Solid State  :icon_lol:

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #37 on: 18 Dec 2020, 01:36 pm »
You’re right, I did make a turn. Moderator feel free to delete. Sorry for the extra work.

rbbert

« Reply #38 on: 18 Dec 2020, 02:16 pm »
You’re right, I did make a turn. Moderator feel free to delete. Sorry for the extra work.

On the contrary, this is a great thread in whichever forum it resides; I was merely pointing out that it would be of interest to those reading the Daedalus thread, who otherwise might pass it by

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #39 on: 18 Dec 2020, 02:24 pm »
Ah thank you!  I’m just over the moon already and can’t wait for what what I hear as it breaks in. I was loving the music I heard and actually appreciated the heat it was generating last night!  Now I need to find a suitable audio rack as this thing is a beast! Both larger and heavier than I imagined it would be (admittedly I skipped over that info when researching the amp...)!